Pages

Followers

Wednesday 7 November 2007

I'm Back!!!


Oooooh I can't tell you how great it is to be finally done with going away for this year.
Totnes was fabulous as usual. Dave, Liz and the staff at Finishing Touches gave us a very warm welcome as always. Lots of familiar faces at both the demo and the workshops and some new ones too and everyone seemed to enjoy it.
I spent an obscene amount of money while I was down there in Finishing Touches and at a gem of shop in Buckfastleigh called Cally's Christmas Cottage. If you like American Primitive and Folk Art style you really need to visit this beautiful shop. Cally is a lovely lady and she didn't bat an eyelid at a mad 50 year old ooooohing and aaaaahing like a five year old in a toy shop.
Much as I love doing the classes and demo's the designing, planning and preparation is very hard work..........not that I am going to be putting my feet up much you understand. I have a list of jobs as long as a squids tentacle which need doing both workwise and housewise. Also the shop I work at is relocating......hopefully at the end of November but possibly the end of December. Deb and I are very excited as the new shop is absolutely gorgeous. I'll give more information when we have a definite date.




I have a few new cards to share with you. Dave asked if I would do my demo with the new collage stamps from Hero Arts..........how could I refuse.......lol!!!
So the first card is done using Alcohol Inks on silver card. I applied the inks in single colors using Raisin, Denim and Stonewashed inks and then overstamped using one of the stunning corner stamps from one of my Fancy Pants stamp sets. All of the gems were clear to start off with and I coloured them using peeloff pens.
The image is stamped in White Stazon onto black card and attached behind the aperture. I stamped the smaller image onto the piece I removed and mounted it on a foam pad.



The second card is just stamping and layering on Dovecraft Christmas papers and Bazzill card.


Well I ought to go and get some sleep. I am not quite up to scratch healthwise at the moment. I've had a very sore back and hip for a couple of weeks and I have also been snookered by another ailment........details would be too much information but suffice it to say I think I am single handedly keeping the cranberry juice industry going..lol!!!
I have just about managed to get through the last two days at work but thankfully I have Wednesday off and then a long weekend to look forward to after Thursday.
I was going to the NEC on Friday but DD bought my Christmas pressies down in Totnes so we are not going to bother. We're going to have a lazy day at home instead watching DVD's and getting our strength up to finish off some decorating jobs on Saturday.


Bye for now
Sheila-x-

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Fantastic as always, Sheila!!! Was gutted to have to miss Totnes. Glad it went well.
    Hugs - Ali. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful cards sheila-and they look even better in the flesh :-).
    I loved the lesson on monday--now just need the time to put what i learned into practice :-(
    kerry x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~waves~

    Hi Sheeler!

    Long time no read! I hope you're feeling better soon.

    -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-