Pages

Followers

Monday 18 November 2019

Colder Than A Witches Doo Dah!!!

Thank you all so much for your comments and sympathy on the loss of our heating and hot water over the weekend.
It has been a fairly uncomfortable couple of days especially the lack of hot water for baths.
I had made plans to do a bit of crafting but my hands have been so cold that I couldn't actually do any fine work so that was scuppered.
We have mostly watched DVD's buried under piles of blankets and been drinking hot drinks.
Someone is supposed to be coming this afternoon to sort out the boiler. He fitted the boiler originally but was the first plumber to let us down when we needed our first year service so I am not holding my breath. Andy had contacted him before I had a chance to persuade him not to so we'll see.

I avoided doing a roast dinner yesterday as I couldn't bear the thought of boiling all the kettles of water to wash up after it so I made a lovely cottage pie instead. We really enjoyed it for a change and as it won't be long now before we are having Christmas dinner I probably won't do any more roast dinners between now and then.

While I am waiting for this man to turn up I am going to make myself yet another hot drink and watch the pair of Coal Tits that have been frequent visitors to our garden over the last couple of weeks. They are so tiny and very cute.

Hope you all have a good week.
Sheila-x-


7 comments:

  1. You have my sympathies, Sheila. I still can't forget when we were without heat and hot water during the coldest week of the year, two years ago. I even had a moment of panic when the heating didn't kick in first thing at the weekend - it was fine, just a minute or two later than usual (I hope I haven't jinxed it now). I do hope your plumber turns up as arranged and is able to sort things out for you. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snuggling down under blankets and watching DVDs sounds bliss, but only with the heating also on in the background! I really hope the plumber came out and it's a simple enough problem to sort out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a time for the boiler to pack up on one of the cold spells that seem to have arrived early. I do hope the man came today as arranged and that you are now toasty warm. I would really miss having a nice hot bath before putting on my PJ's. Fingers crossed! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh that's awful, no heating or hot water. When this happened to me in December 20 years ago, I couldn't get over how cold my settee was to sit on. I survived a week by leaving for work very early, no shower, just 3 kettles of water in the bath And I used to come home late. I lived in the kitchen with the gas cooker oven on door open. The day the plumber came to fit a new boiler, I left for work having given him the keys and when I got home, he had just finished and yeh the house was warm. Hope you get it fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah! Hope you've got it sorted now. We had terrible trouble when we used a local independent company to install central heating & a boiler when we moved in - it was constantly breaking down and it was impossible to get hold of him. In the end we went to Worcester Bosch and had everything replaced - I hate being cold, it's miserable. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fingers crossed you have heat and hot water again. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-