Pages

Followers

Tuesday 12 November 2019

Another Filthy Day!!!

It is absolutely foul outside today. Heavy rain, a strong wind and cold.
My usual t shirt has been swapped for a long sleeved top and a rib sticker meal is being made for tea......homemade meatballs in an onion gravy to have with some steamed cabbage and a swede and carrot mash. That should warm us up.

Andy and I didn't go far yesterday. A quick trip to Derby for a visit to Hobbycraft and TK Maxx/Home Sense. On the way back we called in at Aldi. I have not been to Aldi for years as we don't have one in the little town where I do most of my shopping. I was very impressed and I will be going back as it's not too far away.
For the first time ever I walked out of Hobbycraft with a no spend as they didn't have what I wanted but I did have a bit of a splurge in Home Sense on Christmas ribbons and foliage for some of my cross stitch finishes.
The magnets they didn't have at Hobbycraft have been ordered online this morning and Andy has just gone to buy me some metal washers so by the end of the day I shall be all kitted up.
Before I can start on anything though I need to have a good tidy up and put away all the stuff from making the rag garlands so I am glad it's a day for staying home.

Hope you are all having a lovely day.
Sheila-x-


3 comments:

  1. Fancy not buying anything in Hobbycraft, unheard of! It's been sunny here all morning but is now back to being showery with a very strong wind.

    Can I ask how you made the rag garlands, Sheila - did you just tie strips of material round a length of string or wire? Aren't the strips too floppy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha....I know Sooze....I must have nearly bought my own Hobbycraft store by now.
      Yes....that is exactly how you make the rag garlands. I cut my fabric five inches by one inch and tie them along a length of Jute twine (or whatever you have.....although I wouldn't advise wool as it may stretch). I also cut strips of ribbon in various widths to mix in with the fabric and give a bit of texture.
      No the strips don't seem to be floppy though I expect they would be if you did them longer. The five inches seems just right.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Thanks Sheila, I think I'm going to have a go at a rag garland. This crafting thing is very addictive, isn't it lol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-