Pages

Followers

Thursday 10 January 2008

Phew......Got A Bit Of Mojo Back!!!


Well for a time there I really thought my mojo was gone never to return but looks like it decided to come home after all.........lol!!!
Today I have been fiddling about with different inks ready for a Beginner's stamping class tomorrow.......my first at the new shop.
When I do a beginner's class I usually spend the first hour giving the ladies a thorough grounding in the various ink pads, different kinds of stamps and the care of them and all the different types of embossing powders. After that we make a simple card and I like to try and use three different types of ink pad. Usually I do a stamped dye ink background but decided to ring the changes and use the ink pads themselves to make the background so for the card above I have used glossy cardstock and applied layers of fluid chalk ink.....a blue and then a green. Then I have distressed it with a sanding block added more ink and then distressed again.
The flourish has then been stamped using StazOn-Cactus Green.
For the flower I have made another Sanded Chalk background using pink and red fluid chalk inks and then stamped using Versamark and silver EP.
On my screen the colours look hideous but IRL they are not quite so vibrant.
I hope the ladies will enjoy the class.
Flourish Stamp by Fancy Pants and Flowers by Elusive Images
I'm thinking that I may not be revealing my 'happy place' after reading the comments being left on the Blog Candy post..........I am soooooo not normal compared to the rest of you and how 'not normal' I am not sure you should know.....lol!!!
Anyway keep those comments coming.......I am loving reading them all and everyone is in with a chance no matter where you live.
Well work tomorrow and then I must spend Friday tidying up my workroom. As always it looks like a tip and I am working in a space the size of an A5 card despite having had a new small desk on wheels which is supposed to be my cutting and die cutting area. Even this is now covered in boxes and packets and piles of chipboard cut ready for making books. I am such a messy devil.
Just have to pack my bag now and then I must get some sleep to see if I can chase off this migraine which I have just had to grit my teeth and work through today as I had quite a bit to do.
Bye for now then
Sheila-x-

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Sheila - colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sheila

    Great looking card. It is so good to see that you have your mojo back! :D

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's a gorgeous card you've created, Sheila ! I love every single bit in it. Fab X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-