Pages

Followers

Monday 25 November 2019

Sick To Death Of The Whole Thing!!!

Another weekend without proper heating and hot water.
We have given up with the engineer they kept sending from the insurance company. He was a lovely man but I don't think he knew anything about our boiler and he was coming at ridiculous hours of the night, poking about by torchlight, getting it going in about ten minutes flat and it he couldn't have even got to the end of the road before the boiler went again. The last time he came we found he had turned the boiler up so high that the water coming out of the taps was almost boiling and we thought the radiators were going to burst.
The next engineer can't fit us in until Thursday and if that doesn't work out then I will contact the makers of our boiler to see if they can help. It is just out of warranty but less than three years old.

This morning DD and I have had a good turf out on the landing and there are several bags for burning, charity shop, and the recycling centre.
All the Christmas boxes will be bought down from the attic ready for Ruby coming to decorate the tree this weekend.

Tomorrow we are going out to finish the Christmas shopping and if I can find Santa anywhere I shall be sitting on his knee and telling him that all I want for Christmas is a warm house and some hot water.

Have a wonderful day.
Sheila-x-

14 comments:

  1. Hi, never commented before but have a suggestion that may help.Seven years ago I had a new boiler fitted. This kept going off after being on about 10 mins. After numerous engineer visits it turned out to be that the regulator on the gas meter kept cutting out. Transco sorted this out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathryn....thanks very much for commenting today.
      Unfortunately our boiler is oil fired and keeps going into lock out. I do hope this new engineer can sort it out.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Aww Sheila, you must be SO fed up. I'm wishing hard for you that it'll be sorted once and for all very soon. Hopefully a new pair of eyes will get the job done successfully. A few years back we had problems with our heating...the same engineer came several times and, like you, it went off again shortly after he'd gone. In the end we insisted the agent send a different one - he found something the original engineer had overlooked and it was up and running again with no more trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sooze.
      Yes I am hoping a new pair of eyes will at last get it fixed because as you say I am very fed up now.
      I'm not so worried about the heating but being without hot water is really getting me down now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. If it continues, having seen all those consumer programmes I think I would be tempted to record/video the engineer, catching in proof of time of arrival and departure, and what he does without his face being visible (privacy) and send it to the company!!! Obviously the words social media next might have to be implied! Love to see how fast you get attention and results then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that engineer won't be coming back so we'll see if I have to resort to that with this new one.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. If you find Santa in his grotto and get to sit on his knee while you tell him what you want for Christmas, I think we ought to see the official photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a flippin' Santa to be seen anywhere Ann.....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I am certainly hoping the new engineer will get it all sorted and running for you this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Marjorie. I am just about at the end of my tether now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. I'd be beyond understanding why somebody can't fix it properly by now Sheila. I really hope the next engineer turns up at a decent hour and can get it sorted.

    Nothing better than having a good clear out especially before Christmas. I bet Ruby is super excited to be coming at the weekend isn't she. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too Suzanne.
      The new man should be here between 8:30 and 9am so hopefully he will stay until it's sorted.

      Ruby is very excited now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Oh Sheila. I hope the engineer has at least had the decency to feel embarrassed he couldn't repair it. I really hope it gets resolved very soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefully tomorrow will be the day Jules.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-