Pages

Followers

Wednesday 20 November 2019

Getting Really P****d Off Now!!!

Andy had forgotten that we have an emergency household policy with his bank but remembered it when the plumber let us down on Monday.
We phoned them and they told us to go out and buy a heater of some kind immediately and they would reimburse us and they arranged for a heating engineer to come yesterday between 4pm and midnight. 8pm he phoned to say that he wouldn't be able to make it and would rearrange for today between the same hours.
I've really had enough now. No heating I can just about cope with although we do now have a little electric fire for the living room....it's the lack of hot water that is getting me down. Carrying kettles of water up to the bathroom for strip washes doesn't in any way compare to being able to run a hot bath.

The house DS and DDIL went to look at on Monday was a disappointment. In fact DDIL said it was disgusting.
They have another one to look at tomorrow so fingers crossed for that one.

Hope you are all having a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. There is nothing worse that modern equipment and white goods that don't work!! Think positive thoughts about the fuel money you are saving? I was brought up carrying kettles up to the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be so frustrated, Sheila. No heating is miserable enough in this cold weather, but no hot water is worse. We're so lucky nowadays aren't we? How our parents and grandparents managed without all these mod cons I don't know. Hope he comes tomorrow, and that your son and DiL's place tomorrow is better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sheila, it must be really getting on your nerves now. I hope you're not let down again and somebody turns up tonight to get it sorted for you.

    I hope this house is suitable for your son and DIL. Such a stressful situation to be in, especially with young children. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sheila...firstly I wish your DS & DIL well in their search for somewhere they can call home. Secondly...having been treated to a cold shower due to a boiler fault a couple of weeks ago I sympathise with your plight. I am so lucky to have a woodburner to keep warm by. However the plumber has still not got in touch with us from over 2 weeks ago. It's just as well hubby reset the boiler a few times and it seems to be holding good for now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a right royal pain. Hope you get it sorted soon! Stay warm/ x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sheila! I am so sorry. I really hope it gets fixed soon. It's just been too long especially at this time of year.

    I'll keep my fingers crossed that they find somewhere soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry and annoyed you are still without heat or hot water. Hope it is fixed tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sheila, I'm not surprised you're so fed up. Having previously been in your situation, I know just how miserable it is when you can't get properly warm.
    I do hope it gets resolved soon. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-