Pages

Followers

Wednesday 6 November 2019

Mini Rag Garland!!!

Good morning 😁

Crikey it's chilly here this morning. I've only just been brave enough to take my dressing gown off which I was wearing over my clothes.

Yesterday I actually got to do some crafting....yay!!!
I wanted to make something which I could start and finish in one day so decided on a mini rag garland for kitchen dresser.


From loop to loop it is twenty two inches long and is made from a mixture of 5"x 1" fabric strips and narrow ribbon.

It will go here at Christmas.....


Clicking on the pics will bring up a larger version if you want to take a closer look.

I decided to cut the fabric with my rotary cutter instead of tearing it as I remember too well the horrendous mess when I tore fabric for Ruby's fairy skirt. With cutting it first you get just the right amount of fraying without having huge piles of loose threads to cut off.
It does make your fingers ache but I really enjoyed doing it and I will be making another longer one to hang on the bookcase in the living room.

Today I just have a little laundry to finish  and tea is already made.....a huge pan of veggie soup which I shall serve with cheese croutons.....so Andy and I can go for a ride out this afternoon if we feel like it. Probably only a walk round the garden centre and a pot of tea in the tea room but when I think that for a long time I couldn't get out in the daytime I am quite content with that.

It's just started raining and is looking quite murky outside and I am so glad that DD isn't out in it. 
She is loving her new job in her nice cosy office.

Hope you all manage to stay warm and dry today.
Sheila-x-

13 comments:

  1. The garland is brilliant Sheila, I love it, such pretty fabrics. I'm staying in today. It's very chilly so I'm catching up on the laundry whilst G is at the new allotment. I didn't fancy going with him and freezing my butt off!
    It's lovely that DD likes her new job, it can be so daunting starting at a new place. Warm and dry is the place to be today :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.
      Oh I don't blame you staying in....muddy wet gardening wouldn't be my idea of fun either.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. The garland is lovely. I like the sort of project that you can start and finish in a day. I used to have the sewing machine set up for weeks on the table but the mess bothers me these days.

    Glad DD is enjoying her new job - definitely a day to be inside rather than out. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are just the kind of projects I am up for at the moment Suzanne. My machines are all away for now....but my table is still a mess...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. That's fab - what a great use of old fabric! As you know I don't "do" Xmas but I'm inspired to do something similar for our festival pitch! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really nice project to do Vix. They would look fab for your festival pitch done in some offcuts of retro fabrics :)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Love it! I've always wanted to make one of these, I might copy you and make a festive one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay.....get your fabric out. It's a lovely carft for a cold wet day.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Love your garland, Sheila! It's nice to have a craft project that doesn't take ages. I'm glad your daughter is enjoying her new job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann.
      It was nice to get it done in a day so I'm looking for more projects now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Lovely garland! Hope you had fun on your afternoon drive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon.
      We had a lovely afternoon out.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. The garland looks lovely and your dresser is the perfect place to display it. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-