Pages

Followers

Thursday 21 November 2019

Back To Square One!!!

Thank you all so much for your very lovely comments on our heating predicament.

Well an engineer finally appeared last night at around 11pm.....diagnosed low pressure.....bought the pressure up and lo and behold hot water and heating.
Got up this morning and it had gone again but luckily he had shown Andy what to do. Heating for all of ten minutes and then off again so Andy redid it and hot water shot up from the back of the boiler like a geyser.
We have now switched everything off and once again wait for a visit from the engineer but only between 4pm and midnight.
Why the hell they can't come in the day time I don't know.
I think we'll have to ask DS if we can nip down in turns and have a bath at their house.
I hope we don't end up having to buy a new boiler.

Things just don't seem to be very nice at the moment what with The Doodles having to move house unexpectedly, our boiler problems and then Ruby coming home from school in a right state about one of her lessons. She is terrified of the teacher so I think DS will try and have a word with someone today.

They say things can only get better so I will hold on to that.

A bit late....but I am off to have some breakfast and then I think I'll make a good old beef stew for tea to warm us up.

Hope you're all having a fabulous day.
Sheila-x-

15 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I am so sorry. I hope you get everything resolved especially the heating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure things will be fine in the end Sharon.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Oh Sheila, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time in several ways at the moment. Wish I could give you a hug. I hope everything is sorted sooner rather than later. Best wishes xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sooze...we'll get there. One thing at a time would be better but we'll cope.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry, Sheila. One thing at a time you could deal with, but all these problems at once you could definitely do without. Sending (warm) hugs. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules.
      Yes one thing at a time would be better. I'm too old for all this stress.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Lovely hugs....thank you Marjorie.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Really sorry you and the family are having a rough time of it lately Sheila. I've never heard of anybody coming out at those times apart from emergencies, it seems really odd expecting people to wait up until midnight!

    I hate it when I read about children and school because I've been there with Thomas and ended up moving him because of a teacher. There's no way a child should be that frightened of a teacher in this day and age. It's absolutely not on and I hope it gets sorted out. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit draining but we'll cope with it....as there is no other choice.

      I'm really angry about the teacher who is upsetting Ruby. I'm hoping DS got it sorted.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. OMG Sheila, it never rains but it pours. You poor things. I do hope the boiler gets sorted and poor, poor Ruby. Our DD went through it when GD first began secondary school so Ruby's mum or dad need to have a word at school. You must be sick with worry about everything, Sheila. Sending big hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing at a time would probably have evened the stress levels out a bit although the boiler and the house situation should resolve themselves soon hopefully. I am more stressed about Ruby.
      Thanks so much for the hugs.
      Hugs back-x-

      Delete
  7. Goodness, what a horrid time. I do hope it all gets sorted very soon. It is heartbreaking to see grandchildren upset about school. I've seen my granddaughter sobbing at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heartbreaking is the word Eloise. There may be a solution in the pipeline so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-