Pages

Followers

Monday 4 November 2019

Monday's Doings!!!

I was up early and into the little town this morning.
The 20p's have all gone into the bank.
Remembered to get an anniversary card for DS and DDIL.
Top up shop done.
Outdoor lights bought ready for the end of the month.
Crafty bits bought from Poundland.

Back home and I have made the filling for Ruby's chicken pie as she will be here today. Just need to make the pastry. I'm going to do the pumpkin face pie top she missed out on last week. 
I've cut Andy's hair.....he's been nagging me for a week so I thought I had best get it done.
A load of tea towels put in to wash as the drawer is nearly empty.

The quilt I am working on is going to be put away today for now. I have not felt like sewing since Andy retired and if I force myself to do it I know mistakes will be made and I will hate myself. I will clear the table and make room to do some Christmas crafting as I am now in the mood for that.
On my list is....a rag garland and some cross stitch finishes which I hope to start on tomorrow.

It's a fairly decent day here today. Not too cold and there is some blue sky and little peeks at the sun now and again.

Hope it's fine where you are.
Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-


10 comments:

  1. You've had a productive day Sheila. I'll look forward to you sharing your Christmas crafting. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall be starting once the household chores are out of the way:)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. What a lovely satisfying day Sheila. I fancied making a Christmas rag wreath but don't have the right fabric and, with the house move imminent I dare not buy any! I would love to see some of your Christmas makes :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like a rag wreath too but I am trying to come up with an alternative to using a polystyrene ring as I hate touching polystyrene.
      I'll make sure and post when I get something finished.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
    2. I bought some metal wreath rings off eBay last year. They didn't cost very much and they can be used with moss to make foliage wreaths as well as rag ones Sheila. I know what you mean about touching polystyrene, it squeaks like fingernails down a blackboard! Eek! Xx

      Delete
    3. I might nip and get one of those from Hobbycraft and give it a go as I have lots of strips left from the small (very small) rag garland I have made. Golly it makes your fingers sore.
      How we suffer for our crafts.....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. You put me to shame, I spent my day in the pub! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you deserved your day in the pub Vix:)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. That was a good haul of 20p's Sheila. They must have weighed a ton!

    I don't like doing much when Mark is around. Far too many interruptions for my liking and as you say mistakes are made which is a waste of time. Not good for my tongue either, which I'm constantly biting!

    I bet Ruby was thrilled with her pumpkin face pie. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was very heavy Suzanne.

      I must admit I do long for a day on my own. He's never out for more than a couple of hours at a time:(

      Oh she loved her pie:)

      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-