Pages

Followers

Thursday 14 November 2019

Meeting Myself Coming Back!!!

For saying I had nothing in particular planned for yesterday it turned out to be a really busy day.
Lots of time in the kitchen preparing the chicken fajitas that Ruby had requested for tea so slicing up chicken for marinating, chopping peppers and onions and making Ruby's favourite coleslaw of red cabbage and shredded carrot in lime juice.....plus I cooked a small ham for our tea today to have with some salad.
Tidying and organising in the sewing room, tidying the rest of downstairs and running the hoover through. By the time we got back from dropping Ruby off I was ready to collapse in a heap.

Today has been a little gentler and despite the foul weather Andy and I have been for a ride into the big town for a quick visit to Dunelm to have a look at their Christmas displays which turned out to be very disappointing although I did pick up some more Christmas foliage for my collection.
We then swung by Morrisons to buy a Pyrex bowl to replace mine that Andy broke yesterday....such an exciting life we lead.....lol.

DS and DDIL have been dropped an awful bombshell. Their landlord has decide to sell the house they rent and they need to find a new rental property quickly.....within the next couple of months. They need to stay in the area they live now and looking at the rental lists online....there isn't much available in their price range. I do hope they can find somewhere soon.

Well....I am off for a cuppa and five minutes with my feet up before I have to sort the evening meal out.

I hope your weather has been better than ours today.
Sheila-x-

11 comments:

  1. That's the trouble when you rent privately, Sheila, you're always at the mercy of your landlord (we're in the same boat and had a bit of a scare a couple of years ago).

    I don't feel very Christmassy yet, haven't really thought about it other than making cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that we got on the property ladder when it was a lot easier and bought our own house.

      Can't say that I am feeling it 100% at the moment but at least I've made a start.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. That is so worrying for your son & Dil, Sheila, and it's so the wrong time of year for moving too. I do hope they find something suitable very soon.
    Awful weather today here too. It hasn't stopped raining since yesterday evening and all the roads are flooded. I'm just sitting in the near dark typing this and drinking a nice hot cup of tea. At least we are warm and dry now. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son looked ill with worry when I saw him on Wednesday night. If the worst comes to the worst they will have to put all their stuff in storage and we'll have to try and squeeze them in here.

      It's a bit drier here today thank goodness.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Your coleslaw sounds delicious, any room for me at the dinner table?
    I hope your son and daughter in law find a suitable home without too much worry. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always room for you at the table Vix :)

      It's slightly worrying that there seems to be nothing much available in the areas they need to be in.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Oh dear Sheila...poor things...it happened to us when we were renting...leaves you feeling very insecure...lets hope they find something soon. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd never see them on the streets and would try and have them here if that would help them but it would be a hell of a squeeze.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I hope your son and DIL manage to find somewhere Sheila. I can imagine how worrying that must be for them. I honestly don't know where the housing situation is going to go. It's hard to get a mortgage but when you look at the cost of renting I don't know how people afford to pay that either. Something needs to be done soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have looked into buying but obviously with paying rent they have not been able to save up much in the way of a deposit so it's a Catch 22 situation.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. I hope son and dil find something soon. I hate moving house! At least (hopefully) they will stay in the area.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-