Pages

Followers

Thursday 22 November 2018

White World!!!

I am so glad that I was up early this morning to see the heavy frost we had. Everywhere was white and it almost looked like it had snowed.
Now it is all gone but the cold remains so the heating is on.

I'm just waiting for Andy to leave for work before I get the beast out for the carpets. He likes a bit of peace before he goes and I can't say I blame him. In the meantime I will mix up another batch of the home made carpet cleaner.

Scotch eggs and salad for tea tonight for quickness as we have to go out for a while after we have eaten.

Last Saturday I had to go for my eye test and I decided to have some new glasses. I have worn the same style for years so I have gone for something a little bit different this time. I can't wait to pick them up on Saturday. I didn't go for anything expensive as I am terribly abusive to me poor glasses. I leave them all over the place, I sit on them and have even been known to drop them into a pan of gravy when I was holding them and trying to stir at the same time....lol.

I can hear Andy's tummy rumbling from here so it might be a good idea to go and feed him before he fades away.

Have a smashing day.
Sheila-x-

14 comments:

  1. My titivating continues..... all I needed was a prod and a decent sleep.. Thanks for the prod... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I could do with a prod back this morning Cherie....I have woken up feeling a bit lacksadaisical.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. It is bitterly cold here and the central heating keeps kicking in thanks to the thermostat. The fields looked beautiful this morning all covered in frost and with a low mist. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall be eternally grateful for our oil fired central heating after 20 years of having to make a coal fire before we had any heat.
      Just grey, misty and cold here this morning....no pretty frost.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Is exactly the same with my glasses and our heating has been on all day , Dreading the bill already xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not on my own with regard to the abuse of me glasses...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. None here today. Andy and Roz were so glad not to have to scrape their cars.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Double snap Shelia, I am picking up new glasses on Saturday too and I am equally unkind to mine too! Throwing them down, scratching them etc. I wish I didn't have to wear them but I am blind as a bat! Not due to vanity but sheer hassle! Don't get me started on the fact they get steamed up when I open the oven or they impossible to wear in the rain!! Sorry rant over!! 😀👓👓

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glasses are a hassle aren't they? I am forever shouting "anybody seen me glasses?". It drives my lot mad....lol.
      The alternative of contact lenses doesn't appeal though.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. We had heavy frost yesterday and my heat is on as well. I have an appointment for the opticians soon since I had a stroke i have to wait and some days I can hardly see. But has long has I can see my crochet I will be happy.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No frost today Hazel.
      I am glad that you can still enjoy your crochet despite your sight problems.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-