Pages

Followers

Tuesday 20 November 2018

Filthy Weather!!!

It's absolutely foul outside today so I have been pottering around inside and getting things ready for the weekend.
I have achieved so much more than I expected so I may treat myself to a Christmas film on You Tube later on....my guilty pleasure when I have the time to spare 😁

I'm so glad that I set to and made the stew yesterday. DD will be soaked to the skin and cold when she gets in so the heating will be on and I will have a bowl of it ready for her when she has got into some dry clothes.
Andy should have had it for lunch today but he had to go to work for 9am instead of 1pm and won't be home until 9pm so he will have it for lunch tomorrow.
I sent him off with a portion of fish pie so he has something hot for his break.

The sofa blankets have been washed this morning ready for DD and I to snuggle up tonight and carry on watching Call The Midwife on DVD.

Well my tummy has started rumbling so I will go and remedy that before I do anything else. Usually if I have breakfast I can last out until tea time but obviously not today.

Hope you are all keeping warm and dry.
Sheila-x-

9 comments:

  1. Sheila, it's blimmin freezing. I think I need a bowl of your stew to warm me through

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my experience of visiting Yorkshire last week Cherie I would definitely say it's colder up there than down here....and the wind was extremely rude....going straight through us and not around us. We did find a patch of sunshine where we sat and ate lunch though.
      The stew was very tasty and warming.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. It's not been raining here (other than a few spots little while ago), but it's freezing cold. Winter has certainly arrived! Bet DD will be so glad of your stew and blankets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh she was glad Sooze....she was so cold.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. It has been cold and a little damp here today but now the rain has begun to lash against the windows, it has turned into a rotten night. Cosying in sounds like the best thing to do. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More rain today Jules so it follows that there will be more snuggling tonight.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Up your way and moving further North this morning. How brave if you to go naked headed this time of the year...a big well done. My gang of girlfriends have just begun another year of fundraising...a gentle coffee morning to start before our walk in Cardiff later next year. Been sooo busy only just catching up with everyone. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh sorry about the weather for your visit. It's not very pleasant today.

      I have hats to cover my nakedness but they annoy the beejeesus out of me so I am going au naturel....although I do have about a quarter inch of fuzz....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-