Pages

Followers

Monday 26 November 2018

Ruby's Christmas Weekend!!!

Ruby arrived just after 5pm on Friday and went home at 2:30pm yesterday and every single minute was filled with joy.

Friday night we just had some tea and then settled down to watch a couple of films with the obligatory popcorn.
Saturday morning we had to go into the big town to collect my glasses and then we started on the Christmas shopping list. Ruby helped to choose some clothes for Marlowe and soft old Ganma couldn't resist Ruby's shiny little eyes when she saw a party dress covered in sequins that change colour by pushing them up and stroking them down....and she looks awesome in it.
Next stop was a toy shop to search for a new baby doll for Marlowe and then Aunty DD was the soft one when she found some of Ruby's most favourite collectable figures at a ridiculous sale price so they had to come home too.
Back home....the tree was decorated beautifully by my two girls followed by fish and chips for tea and a cup of Ganma's special hot chocolate which also did double duty as dessert.....


.....aren't those snowman marshmallows just adorable?
Asda....£2 for quite a large bag.....only at larger stores it seems as they didn't have them at our local one.
The leftover candy cane teaspoons and marshmallows went home with Ruby so that I cannot be tempted to indulge in another.

Yesterday I cooked lunch at home while DD and Ruby visited the garden centre. She had an hour or so to play before we had to take her home and that was another Christmas Tree Weekend over and done with.

Christmas plans are sorted and we have no visitors this year although my Brother in Law may be coming to have his dinner but leaving shortly afterwards. 
DS is working Christmas Day so DDIL and the girls are having a pyjama day at home with her sister and then spending the day at home with DS on Boxing Day.
We are visiting for tea and gift exchanging on Christmas Eve. I will be cooking a ham to take down for tea.

Today I have a bit of DIY to do, a pile of laundry to get done and a casserole to make for tea so I will go and crack on.

Hope you had a lovely weekend and that you have a great week.
Sheila-x-

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely weekend you had and Ruby got a couple of some surprises. My daughter took me to see my son who is poorly so that was good for we have all had cold and he cheer up a lot. My granddaughter had was back from holiday so that was nice to catch up.
    Hazel c uk


    The

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to be able to go and cheer your son up and to catch up with your granddaughter.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. You enjoyed your weekend so much. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect weekend to me. I did a tinned stuff shop and a bit of knitting. We both had a touch of the lurgy so it was low key.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Utterly perfect Pam. We love having Ruby to stay.
      My tinned stuff shelf is stuffed but I do need to stock up on some dry goods soon.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. What a lovely weekend, with many happy memories made. Preparations have begun here, albeit slowly. The excitement is gently simmering. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was Jules....absolutely magical.
      Enjoy your preparations.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. What an amazing weekend, filled with so much fun and making lots of wonderful memories for you all to treasure. That hot chocolate looked amazing, so very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hot chocolate looks simply amazing. I can see why it doubles for dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Theresa but that is my lot now until the next tree decorating weekend in twelve months.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Your hot chocolate looks totally amazing. I think I need one like that ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I lived near enough I would make you one Sue.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you had a lovely time. Those marshmallows look amazing! What a great treat - yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just the cutest things Sharon?
      Ruby thought they were wonderful.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-