Pages

Followers

Friday 23 November 2018

Black Friday!!!

My Christmas shopping list is set in stone and there is nothing we need in the way of household appliances really so I will not be doing any shopping for the sake of it today.
The only thing I could do with is a new mixer as mine broke when I was making the buttercream for the birthday cupcakes at the beginning of the month.
The only ones in the sales will be the super expensive ones which will end up costing more than I want to pay anyway so I will be passing on that.
Reading in the papers over the last few days I can't see that there are many real bargains out there as a lot of the things have actually been offered at lower prices earlier in the year than they are being offered for today.

Just a few more things to do today before Miss Doodle arrives this evening and then we will be able to have our hot chocolate/popcorn/film night in our pj's.

(A short break here while I went and cleaned up the mess Andy just made by kicking over the dogs water bowl😖 Luckily the beast was still in the kitchen after the shampooing session yesterday so I sucked it up with that and it should be dry in an hour.)

Anyhoo after I have fetched my glasses and the tree has been decorated tomorrow I think we might take Ruby for a ride out somewhere....probably just to the garden centre for afternoon tea and a play in the playground if the weather is fit.
She won't be going home until early evening on Sunday so lunch at the pub may be on the cards. I'll see what Andy feels like as he is a bit off it at the moment...aka....a bit grumpy.

I found a large tube of sausage meat in the freezer so that will be turned into little meatballs cooked in a tomato sauce to serve up with some pasta and garlic bread for tea tonight. Ruby may well have had her tea before she arrives as she is not coming straight from school today so I can freeze hers for either another day or a lunch for DD or Andy.

Right....I will go and finish off the last few bits and then I might go and wallow in bath for a few minutes to get rid of some aches and pains.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Sheila-x-

5 comments:

  1. I agree that the sales right now aren't necessarily a bit savings, unless it is exactly what you wanted to buy to begin with. I'm not a big fan of the whole black Friday thing. Tree up already? Do you have a real one? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished my shopping earlier in the week so I am not bothering either, we really don't need anything. Enjoy your time with Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never even looked at the Black Friday deals, I would only be interested in yarn from the US and postage and duty would drive the price through the roof. Now the wet weather is upon us my carpet cleaner is in the utility at the ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful weekend Sheila, you have a nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-