Pages

Followers

Monday 5 November 2018

That Was Some Party!!!

Well the planning and hard work paid off handsomely.....what an absolutely awesome night we had for DDIL's 40th birthday.
I cooked and baked for three days solid........


100 cupcakes and a small birthday cake which was not the planned cake. Waitrose had to come to the rescue with one of their ready to decorate cakes after I had a disaster with the one I had made.


The hall starting to shape up. It did look so much nicer when the candles were lit, the lights were dimmed and the DJ had projected a huge Happy Birthday onto the floor.


The Gin Bar set up and ready to go. I never knew that so much went into a drink of gin. Flowers, herbs and all sorts of mixers....quite bewildering. I had a tiny sip of violet gin and it was disgusting so I stuck with my can of diet coke...lol.


The sweet table which was Ruby's domain proved very popular.

......and that was all the photos I managed to get.
Once the kitchen was open for business I never stopped.
The hot meat rolls and desserts went down a storm,  we had some lovely compliments and even offers to go down to London and cater for other parties.....which I declined.

The party started with a dance by Ruby and DDIL to When I Grow Up from the stage musical Matilda which had me in tears followed by a speech by DDIL's sister and then a speech by DDIL who paid tribute to two friends she has lost in the last twelve months. Very emotional but lovely.
The DJ was awesome and I managed to get one dance in....one was enough as my poor legs felt broken by that time...lol.

What a wonderful night....give me a few weeks to get rid of the aches and pains and I wouldn't mind doing it all again.

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend too.
Sheila-x-


25 comments:

  1. Very well done Sheila, it all looks fantastic, and some well deserved compliments by the sound of things. Think you need a good long rest and to be waited on for a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous! I'm glad it went well. You must be ready for a nice welcomed rest after planning that! I bet you're ready to put your feet up and take a breath for a while. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the work you put in is amazing!

    Christmas party next? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue.
      I would love to do a big Christmas party :)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. WOW, that's a lot of baking. Well done - I'm sure it was a fab night and much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have worked hard to make it special. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! The cakes look amazing. No wonder you feel exhausted, Sheila. Enjoy a bit of a breather now xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lot of work that was, Sheila, but the cake tower looked amazing. Glad the foos choices were spot on-I think people like something substantial to eat rather than lots of footery bits. Feet up now and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am thrilled you had such a good time, all the hard work rewarded. It all looks amazing you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that everything went well.

    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like one heckuva party... and as for violet gin... YUMMY... I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a good party Cherie.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  11. Your hard work was worth it. The cakes look fantastic and it sounds like everyone had a wonderful time. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cakes look fantastic on that cake stand , You have done a wonderful job , You should be proud of yourself xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done, you! I was in the hospitality trade for a long time and looked after over 2000 diners - it's knackering, isn't it?
    Your cakes are a work of art. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-