Pages

Followers

Tuesday 27 November 2018

Doing The DIY Shuffle!!!

The DIY job got shifted over onto my list for today as I just ran out of time yesterday.
We have been noticing a rather nasty draught in the sewing room and on investigating we found that there is a gap between the windows and the wall underneath the sill.
The job is now done but not without a bit of hassle which always seems to be the way in this house...lol.
Andy bought me a tube of sealer yesterday but the flaming thing was too long to go into either of the contraptions we had for squeezing it out.
Not wanting to put all the furniture back until I could get the right one I improvised with a disposable piping bag and an icing nozzle after finding two bottles of squeezy sealer in the shed. It went on like a dream.
All the furniture is back now and I am having a bit of a rest. After shuffling around on my bottom for nearly an hour and moving furniture I am aching like Billyo.

Nothing outside today to inspire me to go out apart from a quick nip across the yard to fetch washing out of the dryer although I do have to go out tonight to do a top up shop as we have no eggs, hardly any bread and the milk situation is looking pretty dire. Ruby has requested chicken pie for tea tomorrow so I had best pick up some leeks so that I can get on with the filling in the morning.

I hope it's not too wet where you are.
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. A woman can always find a solution Sheila but even I am impressed with your diy skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dry but cold here but definitely an autumnal day all grey and sludgey. Sounds like you had a lot of fun with your DIY I hope the chicken pie goes according to plan :-)

    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got your draft fixed! Definitely don't need any cold getting in during the winter.

    It's snowy here. Sigh. I was hoping it would hold off for a while, but we've had quite a bit of early snow this year. I think we're in for a long winter. I didn't go out yesterday and won't go far today though I might have hubby drive me to the park so I can go for a walk. Looking out of my window, I saw they just came past with the salt truck so maybe my old car will be able to get up the hill tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ingenius use of a piping bag - glad you got it sorted! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wet and very wet here now, well done with the piping bag - I would never have thought of that

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every job we ever need to do either requires several others before we can start the one we wanted to do, or created several more afterwards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-