Pages

Followers

Wednesday 21 November 2018

A Little Upcycling For Christmas!!!

I felt the need to have a bit of a break from housework this morning so I have been making some pretty things for the house for Christmas.


The two jars at the back were already candle jars but I removed the rather tired decorations and cleaned them up.

The glittery one was coated in Mod Podge and then a coarse white glitter before I wrapped the neck in an off white jute twine which I then decorated with some bits stolen from a bag of Christmas pot pourri and some lovely striped ribbon. This will have an LED candle placed in it.

The second one just has green jute twine around the neck and it has been filled with goodies from one of my impulse purchases from Harrogate......a bag of assorted dried fruits scented with cinnamon, orange and cloves. It smells divine.

The silver filigree container had a candle in it so I have just cleaned it out with some white spirit and filled with some of the fruits.

From the bag I have managed to fill four containers so one for the sewing room, one for the kitchen and two for the living room. There are four fruits left which will go into an organza bag and be hung in the hall.

It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas 😁

Other than that I have done absolutely nowt today but I will make up for it tomorrow as the carpet cleaning beast needs to come out.....again......as Smudge has had several accidents. We do clean them up as he does them but it still seems to leave marks that need the beast to remove them no matter how hard we scrub.

The oven is just about to go on for some jacket potatoes for tea and they will be served with cheese and beans....DD's favourite.
She'll get a shock tomorrow as we are having salad....lol.

Two weeks today since the head shave and I can report that my hair is slowly growing back. There is about a quarter of an inch of soft fuzz now.  Way more of it is white than I would actually like but hey ho....I'll see what it's like when it has grown back to a reasonable length and then decide if I am going to go back to dyeing it.

Hope you are all keeping warm today.
Sheila-x-







10 comments:

  1. What great ideas Sheila, they look fantastic. We're having jacket spuds with bolognaise and cheese. I'm seriously considering stopping dyeing my hair and growing it through winter, just to see what it's like. I might change my mind next Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making things out of bits and bobs I have lying around Sooze. I can't knit or crochet but I can wield a glue gun...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Those decorations look lovely! I'm coming to yours for tea lol. I had jacket potato with cheese last night, but I didn't have any beans. I love jacket potatoes with beans and cheese but it's not really a 'thing' over here so husband looks at me like I'm nuts ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh ya gotta have beans. I don't particularly like jacket potatoes but I can eat them if there are beans involved.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. The decorations are lovely and festive and I bet they smell amazing.
    Those two weeks have gone by quickly. You'll be glad of a little covering now the weather has turned much colder. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules....they do smell really nice.

      Very grateful for the fuzz this morning....it is soooo cold.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Great ideas Shelia, I love re using jars. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice jars! Great ideas.Keep on sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-