Pages

Followers

Friday 30 November 2018

Rude Awakening!!!

Our smoke alarm seems to be on the blitz. It went off twice yesterday for no reason and then started screeching at some ungodly hour this morning making me jump out of bed and race down the stairs to switch it off.
It was fitted by the Fire Service. It's a sealed unit so you can't change the battery and is supposed to last for ten years. We have had it for no more than three years.
I think we'll buy one of our own this time so that we can change the battery when needed.

Oven cleaned yesterday so all nice and sparkling now.
Some presents wrapped but not all so I shall carry on with that today.
We decided against going in to Derby today as I'm not feeling great and there was nothing urgent to get so DD has just gone into the big town and I have stayed at home.
No big jobs to do and no cooking as Andy wants fish and chips tonight so just a tidy up and a hoovering session when he gets up.

We'll all be out tomorrow morning....DD and I will be at the Christmas Market and Andy is going down to look after the girls while DS goes to the hospital for an x-ray on his bad shoulder. I'm sure the girls will run rings around Grandad....lol.

Anything fun planned for your weekend?
Have a lovely one whatever you are doing.
Sheila-x-


12 comments:

  1. We have twice had thise free fire alarms fitted and twice had to wrench them off the ceiling in the middle of the night, Sheila. We bought our own and DH fitted them. We also have a CO detecter because we have gas heating. Enjoy your wrapping-I am putting away lots of stuff that didn’t sell at the Christmas Fayre last night. Not doing any again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is our second lot too Catriona and we will not be having them again.

      I'm so sorry your fair didn't go so well. It's very disheartening for you.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Wow! That must have been quite a shock! The smoke detector we have in our dining room is so sensitive it goes off if there's even a whiff of smoke - it even goes off if you have the oven at a high temperature (I never see any smoke but it goes off!). I don't think I'd have one that you couldn't change the batteries in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a shock Sharon and we won't be letting them put them in again.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Its frightening when you are woken by a faulty smoke alarm , It happened to us one night but i couldn't get back to sleep as i kept thinking what if its something smoldering , Hope you feel better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me a bit nervous too but everything is fine.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I feel for you, the same thing happened to us in the middle of the night, frightened the lives out of us and the dog. Our smoke alarm also goes off if I leave the bathroom door open whilst showering (it's on the landing ceiling...the smoke alarm that is, not the shower lol). So now I have to shut the door and suffer a sauna! Not good when you're menopausal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny thing is it never goes off when Andy is burning his toast in a morning...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. You are such a busy woman, how's your hair growing? I don't know what I 'll be doing this weekend but I do know it won't be oven cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to keep myself busy Chris :)
      My hair is growing but because it is growing back white I still look bald...lol.
      Hope you are having a good weekend.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Ours is hard wired and fixed into the electric system which leaves us unprotected when we have a power cut. We really do need to do something about that with the storms that are leaving us unprotected at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes it would be a good idea to get a battery operated one MM. At least then you would have some peace of mind.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-