Pages

Followers

Tuesday 1 October 2019

That Pie!!!

I just had to show you the pie I made for Andy's birthday.
It was a whopper and just hilarious with the bones sticking out of it.......


I have to say that it was very, very tasty. The recipe was followed to a 't' apart from the pastry which should have been ruff puff but Andy prefers suet crust.
If I ever made it again (which I doubt I will) there are some tweaks I would make such as replacing the haricot beans with extra veg as they just seemed a bit odd to me. The gravy in the pie as made to the recipe seemed a bit watery too so I thickened it with some lamb and mint gravy granules which worked a treat.
It was a great hit with the birthday boy and I am so glad I made the effort for him.

His first day of not having a working week to start yesterday and he dragged me all round the Wrekin.....farm shop, town and pub for a lunchtime pint and not a flippin' thing done in the house at all.
Day 2 and I have set him on peeling the sack of pickling onions I picked up yesterday. It's keeping him quiet....lol....apart from the sniffling as the onion fumes get at him.
I have only just started this week's laundry and am wishing the rain would go away as I have to keep dashing across the yard to fill and empty the dryer.
Andy went into town for papers this morning and says that the road has started to flood and it hasn't stopped raining since he got back so I can only imagine that they are getting worse now.

Starting to think a little bit now about starting some festive shopping so I must ask DDIL if there is anything the girls need or want. Ruby has told me a couple of things from her wish list but that is all I have at the moment to work on.

Well....that is another load finished drying so I will go and empty it out and put another load in.

Hope you are all having a good day despite the weather.
Those of you in areas predicted to have it really bad....stay safe.
Sheila-x-

13 comments:

  1. That's quite the pie! I'm glad Andy appreciated it.
    Like you, I'm fed up of this wet weather. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd have to hire a JCB to lift it out of the oven Jules...lol.
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. I'm not surprised Andy was impressed with his pie, it's a masterpiece!
    This weather is vile, our avenue's flooded, the tortoise has gone into hibernation a month early and the cats are serious pee'd off. Time to book a flight to India! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay.....I love it when you start to talk about your trip to India and I know that I'll be watching out for your posts about it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Oh never complain about being taken out; no-one ever died wishing they'd done more housework! The pie looks magnificent! My husband would go for that......he doesn't like puff pastry either - suet or shortcrust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really complaining about being taken out. It's just a bit of a shock to the system not having control over my usual routine. I'll just have to get used to a new one now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. That pie looks amazing and I bet it was extra delish with the suet pastry.. and going out and about and then lunch is how you should be both enjoying his and yours retirement. My DH and I go out together all the time.. enjoy while you can Sheila, life's too short not to be together now..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I am into a new routine Chris I shall be quite happy to be dragged out anywhere he likes....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Tony would love that pie Sheila. Enjoy making the most of Andy's retirement. HW can wait for a wet and horrible day. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have fed a flippin' army from it Cherie....it was massive.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Hi Sheila :) That definitely looks a Desperate Dan type of pie. Congratulations on Andy's retirement, hope you manage to both get into a good routine. It can be quite exasperating at times having somebody else in the house, but I'm sure you'll also enjoy having somebody to get out and about with.

    A holiday sounds lovely. It's always nice to have something to look forward to. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-