Pages

Followers

Saturday 19 October 2019

Home!!!

.....and we are home.
We had a nice time away and we absolutely loved our hotel at The King Arthur's Arms in Tintagel. The room we stayed in was huge and had everything in it you could have needed and even though it was a shower....and you know I love my bath....I was very taken with the wet room.
The bed was very comfortable but I had a slight issue with the way that it was facing and I couldn't settle very well at night.
Tintagel was as beautiful as I remember. Very busy during the day with people coming in to visit the castle and still at this time of year....lots of coaches. Night time was lovely though.....very quiet and peaceful.
We visited Boscastle a place we had last visited before the devastating flood 15 years ago and I was so happy to see it looking as lovely as it had then.
There was also a trip to Bude. What an absolutely beautiful place that was. I would like to go back and spend a bit more time there.
After breakfast on Thursday we decided we were ready for home although we should have been staying another night. With all the walking about I had had to resort to using my walking stick and my legs, back and shoulders were giving me such pain that I couldn't face walking anywhere else so home we came.
I am now catching up with laundry and later tonight we are off to the cinema to see the new Maleficent film.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.
Sheila-x-

13 comments:

  1. Welcome home Sheila, glad yo had a wonderful break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a lovely time Sheila. Cornwall always seems to be busy whatever the time of year now. We'll be visiting Bude in a couple of weeks, we really like it there too. We went to Boscastle not long after the terrible flood, I was in tears seeing all the destruction, it's lovely to see how they've bounced back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sooze.
      I absolutely loved Bude. The canal area was gorgeous.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Welcome home, Sheila! I'm so glad that you had a lovely holiday. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all sounds wonderful Sheila. Really glad you had such a good time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holidays are lovely but there really is no place like home. Glad you had a good time but sad to think you were in pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the time away but I am always glad to get home.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Glad you had a wonderful break away. Sorry to hear you were in pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MM it was nice to blow some cobwebs away in the sea air.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Glad you had a lovely time away!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-