Pages

Followers

Tuesday 8 October 2019

Our New Routine!!!

It seems like Andy and I are already getting into a nice routine with our days together.
Monday is our day for a wander out and a bit of lunch or a coffee somewhere. We don't go far but it's lovely.
Today I am doing laundry and cooking a huge batch of chilli for tomorrow's tea and the freezer and he has done all the washing up for me and pottered around doing odd jobs like filling up the bird feeders and doing bits and bobs to the car....don't ask me what as the only interest I have in cars that they have four wheels and a cd player....lol.
If I can keep him busy I may not have to kill him after all....lol.
If we get a few nice dry days the garden path needs sorting out as with the heavy rains we keep getting it is now flooding regularly and if we don't want to paddle we have to walk on the lawn which is an absolute bog in wet weather. It's a job we can do together.
It's a pretty decent day today but with the odd shower of rain so I don't think we will be tackling it today.

I won't be seeing my Ruby now for a fortnight. She has dance practice and various other things going on. She's a busy girl.
I'll miss her so much. Roll on two weeks tomorrow.

Off for a cuppa and then I have to go back into the kitchen and do something with the huge cauliflower that's sitting in there. I'm thinking cauli in white sauce and then we can have some tonight with the lamb meatballs in gravy I made yesterday. The rest can go in the freezer.

Hope you are all having a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that Andy lives another day. Would be good to blot your copy book to early on. Hope the bliss continues or let us know if we have to bake a cake with a file in it.

    Mx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Andy's settling into his retirement and that you haven't killed him yet! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear Andy is still alive and kicking :) If you can rub along together for most of the time and he's also being useful that's a definite bonus.

    Little people are very busy these days. My niece has done ballroom dancing since she was 4 and she's 15 now. It's good they have a hobby though. There's always some lesson, practice, competition going on but it keeps her out of mischief lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely routine Sheila. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little routine sounds nice. Enjoy the decent weather while it lasts and then head for the local library to stock up on good reading material... it will keep you both from killing one another :-).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've got the hang of Andy being retired Dh and I love our days together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-