Pages

Followers

Friday 11 October 2019

Rain, Rain, Rain!!!

Thank you all for your comments on my last post.

What a filthy day it is today.....absolutely thrashing it down with rain and quite windy.....I am having to put a coat on to nip across the yard to the tumble dryer. Luckily there is not much laundry to do as I am just washing some bits we need for our few days away.
Had to have a slight rethink on the packing because the weather forecast looks awful. The best day of the week will be the day we travel home...bloody marvelous. 
Perhaps we should have gone abroad....lol.

Hopefully DD won't starve while we are away as I have cooked all week and filled two shelves of the freezer with enough evening meals for her. All she will have to do is remember to take them out in a morning and just pop them in the microwave when she gets home.

I am so looking forward to this little break. The last time I went away for any length of time was when DD and I went to New York six years ago and Andy last went away in 2016 to visit his brothers grave in Johannesburg. The last time we went away together was I think 2004 when we went to The Lake District.

Just laughing at Andy who is at last attempting to put together a Meccano type kit of a Lancaster Bomber which I bought him two years ago. Lots of muttering and chuntering going on. He is just now putting it away before he takes a hammer to it he says....lol. He has absolutely zero patience.

Anyhoo I have a washing machine and a tumble dryer beeping at me so I'll go and sort them out.

Hope you are having a wonderful day.
Sheila-x-




7 comments:

  1. You have so much rain, could you send a bit to me in California where it is so dry? Enjoy your days away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really rainy here. Sigh. We've had so much rain this year I'm surprised we're not all floating. Hopefully that won't transfer into snow once winter arrives.

    Don't fret too much about the forecast. I did that as the weathermen predicted rain for our weekend away. We only had rain late Saturday and the sun shone the rest of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous morning here, thank goodness! I'm off to sweep up the leaves now I've packed the van with the stock for tomorrow's vintage fair in London.
    You'll have a wonderful break whatever the weather. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drizzled here but brightened up later on.. enjoy your time away whatever the weather will send.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a lovely break and the weather is kind to you, at least for some of the time.

    Mark talks out loud when he's doing something - it drives me mad! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of rain here too :( Have a wonderful break away together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure when you're actually down to Cornwall , Sheila, but met office for Newquay is now showing just 30/40% chance of occasional showers, so you might be lucky! It might be different on the south coast of Cornwall, but it's a pretty narrow county. Hope you have a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-