Pages

Followers

Sunday 6 October 2019

A Bit Of Sun For Sunday!!!

For saying our weather forecast was for rain throughout the night....which we got....and rain right through until teatime today it's not a bad morning out there. It's quite windy but the sun keeps peeking through the clouds now and again to brighten things up.

We had a lovely time with The Doodles yesterday. It was lovely to catch up with DDIL as I don't actually see that much of her. Her work days are long and busy so when we drop Ruby off on Wednesday evenings at around 7pm she has probably only just arrived home and is ready to spend an hour with the girls before they go to bed.

I have finally persuaded Andy that 1pm is a good time for lunch on a Sunday. It's taken me forty odd years but I got there in the end....lol.

This afternoon I will read the papers and then I may well do some sewing as I haven't touched my quilt squares for a couple of weeks and I want to get on with it now.

Not much on tv that we would all enjoy watching so DD picked up two series of Happy Valley yesterday. Two episodes watched last night and so far so good. We'll watch some more later and then stop for Millionaire. I just love Jeremy Clarkson as host on it.

.....and that's about it for today.
I hope you are having a lovely weekend and doing some fun things.
Sheila-x-

13 comments:

  1. We had really heavy rain in the early hours of this morning, bright sunshine now, although it's very windy. I used to like Clarkson but not anymore, think he's too full of himself now. Shame really, as he could be very funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never liked him when he was on the car programmes....not that I actively watched any but Andy and my son both like them. I think he's hilarious though on Millionaire.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Blimmin rotten weather here in Naughty Nunthorpe. Could do with a bit of sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll send you some up if we get any more Cherie:)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. The weather has been fine here for most of the day. We managed to get out for a walk, so I'm happy.
    I'm glad you enjoyed yourself yesterday. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The forecasters got it wrong....again. We were on a yellow warning for today...local flooding etc but we haven't had a drop of rain.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. We've started having a take out at Matthew and Sophie's once a month and I thoroughly enjoy it. They're so much more relaxed at the weekend and Sophie always gets a game out for us to play so it's a really nice family night.

    Have you tried The Confession and The Capture on TV? The Confession is based on a true story and The Capture is intriguing because I tend to think it won't be long before it's happening in real life. But that's the conspiracy theorist in me lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marlowe got Gooey Luey out to play with Grandad yesterday. I wasn't keen as it involves rubber snot and brains...yuck.

      Watching The Confession. I'll have look at The Capture on catch up.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. It was bright and sunny here yesterday, with two random ten minute 'plant sprayer' rain showers! But looks like we've had a fair bit of rain overnight. Our Sunday roasts times are dependent on what time I put it in the oven, or the time of 5-a-side footy in the evening! I'm with you, I would avoid Jeremy Clarkson on tv at all costs, but I do like him in Millionaire:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bit of a mixed day here today....some blue skies and sunshine with a few grey clouds and occasional rain.
      Andy has always liked his Sunday lunch at 12pm but that meant me getting up at the crack of dawn if I was cooking a big joint to do for several meals. Nobody should be up that early on a Sunday...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Rained all day here too yesterday but it was nice to hunker down with our books and some TV.. We always have Sunday dinner at 1:00pm can't imagine Sunday dinner at any other time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed the Happy Valley series. Hope there will be a further one written. I like Sarah Lancashire and thought she was great in Last Tango in Halifax

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-