Pages

Followers

Tuesday 29 October 2019

Strange Days!!!

The last few days have felt a bit strange. I have had absolutely no energy whatsoever....not ill.....just totally flopsadopsical.
I think Andy cured me of it yesterday when he took me for a ride out to Dagfields in Cheshire and we walked around in beautiful sunshine, went for a gorgeous lunch and then topped it off with a walk around Bridgemere garden centre.
So....today I feel much better. I think I had just been suffering from a bit of cabin fever as I hadn't been out for a couple of days with the weather being so nasty.

Today is laundry day and I swear the neighbours have been posting theirs through the letterbox again as I seem to have mounds of it although some of it....DD's old uniform can be bagged up and burnt as she has new uniform for the new job she starts next week. It sounds a bit wasteful but there is nothing to be saved from it. All the tops are faded and the fabric wouldn't make good dusters. The trousers are ripped and very tatty so the burning bin is the only place for it.
That will reduce the piles a little bit.

Tea today is some lovely pork and apple sausages with mash and veg. All I have to do is cook it as Andy has prepped the veg for me.
Next thing is a quick nip into town for a birthday card for DDIL and some Halloween treats for the girls.

How is your week going so far?
Hope you are having a good one.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lovely day out. It feels so good to see some blue sky and have the windows open for a bit of fresh air after all the wet and grey of recent weeks.

    Do Ruby and Marlowe dress up for Halloween. Amy's off to an all night party and is going as a gothic fairy - whatever that is lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was smashing Suzanne.

      Oh yes Ruby and Marlowe will be dressing up....try and stop them....lol. They have a dressing up box or two with so many costumes they could open their own fancy dress shop.
      Hope Amy enjoys her party.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. "totally flopsadopsical" What a wonderful expression! and it explains EXACTLY how I've been feeling of late. Perhaps a relaxing day out is what I need too. It will be my birthday on Friday (a BIG number!) and we are going to a hotel for a couple of days so I'm hoping that having no cooking, cleaning or washing to do will give me the boost I need to get back on track. I'm so glad you had a lovely day Sheila. Enjoy Halloween with the girls xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday for Friday....I'm sure the days away will chase away the flopsadopsicals for you :)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Flopsadopsical perfectly describes how I felt this afternoon. Just had a two hour snooze which is a very rare thing for me to do... bet I can't sleep tonight now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you managed some sleep last night Cherie.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a lovely day out. Hasn't it been gorgeous these last few days? I can't be doing with this extra hour, I don't know whether I'm coming or going!
    Sending DD lots of luck with her new job! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been lovely and it looks like we have more of the same today.
      I don't mind the extra hour as I love the early dark nights.
      Thanks for the good wishes for Roz.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Love the 'flopsadoxical' word. Going to use that with my granddaughters! I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes a blast of fresh air to blow away the cobwebs is exactly what's needed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was needed Eloise and you can really feel the differencewhen you've had a good walk round on such a beautiful day.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-