Pages

Followers

Thursday 9 January 2020

The Best Laid Plans And All That!!!

I had a pretty good idea of how my day was going to be today.....empty the indoor freezer into the outdoor one, empty the fridge, switch them off and give them both a really good clean and refill them. Then I was going to make soup for tea with any stray veg lurking at the bottom of the fridge drawers.
Erm....no. Andy has decided that we are going out and that we are having burgers for tea. He is now on his way to the butchers to buy some. Burgers are not on my list of things I like to eat unless I really fancy one which is very rarely. I might just pick up some fresh salad and have that instead.

Didn't get much done yesterday as I did myself a bit of a mischief on Tuesday.....over reaching when I was cleaning the window in the kitchen. My shoulder was so sore but it seems fine this morning after a good soak in a hot bath last night so no excuse for shirking when we get back from wherever we are going this morning.

It was absolute bliss to have some time to get some cross stitching done yesterday in actual daylight rather than squeezing it in at the end of the day and using my bright LED light. I  don't usually start until after Andy has gone to bed so that I can stitch in peace and quiet and not have to listen to the dreadful programmes he watches.

Right I had better go and get myself ready for going out.
Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. I hope you at least enjoy your day out! The cleaning can wait. I think that would be my nightmare - husband sitting and watching television when retired. I don't have the telly on until night time usually. I find it distracting and would rather have the radio or music on while I'm getting things done or crafting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite pleasant Sharon. A trip to the farm shop and a cup of tea and then a wander round town in the sunshine.
      I very rarely watch tv in the daytime and I'm not keen on Andy doing it either.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Does Andy always get his own way or do you agree for a quiet life??!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good grief....no he does not....lol. On this occasion I agreed for a quiet life but I don't give in often.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I hope you enjoyed your mystery tour wherever you went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the farm shop and a wander round town. He likes to be out and about.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-