Pages

Followers

Saturday 11 January 2020

One Small Hole And Miles Of Traffic!!!

There was cause to go into the big town today. The road we have to travel isn't great at any time but this morning it was horrendous. Some work requiring a very small hole with traffic lights three ways and the road was at a standstill....well apart from the idiots who thought it was OK to overtake and try to get further up the queue. There was a lot of shouting, car horns blaring and bad words going on.
I was glad to get home.

I managed to visit a huge charity shop which I spotted when in town the other week but didn't have time to go in. I came away with a couple of bargains......a wooden base with a tall glass dome ripe for a Christmas scene (I know it's early but I couldn't leave it behind), a couple of books and a lovely pashmina for putting round my shoulders when I am reading in bed at night. I spent six pounds so I was very happy with that.

Just a bit of pottering going on now we are home as we are off out to the Chinese tonight for DD's birthday meal with The Doodles. The table is booked for 6:30pm so that we are not out too late for the girls. Ruby will be so excited as it's her most favourite place to eat which I think has more to do with the chocolate fountain than anything else...lol.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.
Sheila-x-


14 comments:

  1. I hope you all enjoy the meal this evening, Sheila.
    The weather here is horrid, so I'm glad to be staying put. We're having cottage pie followed by something rather delicious, having decided to use up some leftover mincemeat I discovered at the back of the fridge 😆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really lovely evening Jules.
      The weather has turned nasty here now so we will be staying put today.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I am so envious.I love Chinese food.Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could eat Chinese everyday. Takeaway is fine but I do love going to the buffet.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a lovely evening out, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everybody's in a rush these days aren't they. We get nowhere in a hurry around here so we're used to it :( Hope you all have a lovely time at the Chinese. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh aren't they just Suzanne. I'm so glad I don't drive.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Have a lovely evening!
    We're using up all the fresh veg and leftovers this next couple of days. Jon's just knocked up a gorgeous butter bean dupiaza. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time Vix thank you.
      I looked up dupiaza.....it sounds lovely.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday to DD. Will there be cake? (Vix, I want to know what dupiaza is)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. Yes there was cake....provided by the restaurant and it was very nice indeed.

      I quickly looked up the dupiaza and as far as I can see it's a curry made with lots and lots of onions.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Enjoy the meal! Sounds like a lovely visit to the charity shop - good bargains. I do like a bargain lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon.
      Yes it was a good visit to the charity shop. I'm not usually lucky at finding things I want so I was happy.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-