Pages

Followers

Monday 27 January 2020

Surely It Can't Be.......!!!

.....coming up to the end of January already!!!
Although it's a pretty boring month and usually drags it has flown by this year.
We've had one milestone birthday as DD turned forty and we have another one coming up in a couple of weeks when Ruby ticks over into double figures and turns ten. She is mighty excited about that....Ganma just feels old.....lol.
She's coming to stay this weekend and DD and I are taking her birthday shopping so that she can choose what she wants. She is into so many collectible things and has so many that we just don't know where to start anymore and I prefer her to have something she wants.

It's a pretty decent day out today although not fit for drying as there is hardly any breeze so looks like I will be using the tumble dryer again. At least that means I should get everything finished today and it will be out of the way so that Andy and I can go out tomorrow.
The forecast is cloudy with some sun and just a small chance of rain so we are off to Carsington again to try and do a longer walk than we did last week. No lunch out this time just a cuppa at the cafe when we are done.

In between laundry loads today I will be finishing off my cross stitch project (hopefully). The row of houses and trees and the top border are finished and I am just working on the snowflakes and confetti stitching before I  add backstitch to the lettering. The pattern didn't have backstitch on it but my personal preference is for solid looking text so that is another change I have made.
There needs to be some chalk painting and distressing done before it's a completely finished piece and I am thinking I may leave that until I have two or three pieces to do so that I don't have to get the paints out after every piece.

Time for coffee 😀

Hope you have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to being able to get some washing out on the line before long. At this time of year I don't get any sun in the garden and without a breeze it isn't worth the time spent hanging it out.
    I hope you enjoyed your walk. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too Jules. Mind you I can't get near my washing line at the moment as the lawn is like a bog.
      We're going for our walk tomorrow but if it's as nasty as today has been we won't be bothering.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Roll on Spring when we can line dry everything. My garden is like Jules.. devoid of sun in the winter... are you chalk painting your cross stitch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Cherie. Our garden is the same barely any sun in the back garden.
      Lol....no I won't be painting the cross stitch....just the pieces I am going to mount it on.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Lovely to have some sunshine but like you not a whisper of a breeze, so all dried in the dryer.
    Hope this mild weather will spread into February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am over wanting some snow now and I'm ready for spring and some fine weather.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. January certainly hasn't dragged as much as it usually does for me :( Blimey, can't believe Ruby is going to be in double digits, I'm sure last time you mentioned her age she was only 7.

    We get the sun but it seems to have done nothing but rain since October. I'm also looking forward to getting some washing on the line. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it either Suzanne and Marlowe will be four in March. Where has the time gone.

      So very tired of the rain now. Today started out quite nice and by lunchtime it was raining and hailing.....thoroughly miserable.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I am missing not been able to hang out the washing particularly the bedding. Our grandaughter was nine yesterday time is just flying by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did Ruby get to be nearly ten! January used to drag when I was young...I have barely had chance to notice it this year and it is racing onto February which will surely fly by just as quickly. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-