Pages

Followers

Wednesday 22 January 2020

Cobwebs Blown Away!!!

We made it to Carsington Water yesterday and I am so glad we did. It was really lovely up there. The sky was blue, there was frost on the ground, the sun did actually shine and there was some warmth in it. Not enough to take my coat off but very nearly.
We had a good walk and a cup of tea and I bagged a couple of lovely bargains from the RSPB shop in their sale....a gorgeous notebook and a matching pen to use as a journal type thing for my cross stitch.
By the time we got back to the car the coat had to come off and then we took a leisurely ride back to our local for a carvery lunch which was absolutely delicious.
It felt so good to get rid of some of those cobwebs and we are going to try and make it a weekly thing....not always with lunch out but at least for a good walk.

Today I will be in the kitchen cooking ready for my Ruby. She had asked for tomato soup for today but she is coming to us tomorrow too which will a quick turnaround.....pick her up from school, give her tea and then deliver her to Brownies in the little town. I will save the soup for that and tonight she will have lamb meatballs in gravy.

A progress report on my first project of Twenty for 2020.....


I've not done too bad for saying I had those two days out last week and I didn't do any yesterday. I would have liked to have been finished with the houses and onto all of the snowflakes and confetti stitching but never mind....it's getting there.
I hope these progress reports won't bore you. They are really just for me to keep a check on how far I get each week.

Right....I am off to brown meatballs.
Thanks so much for visiting and the comments left on Monday's post.
Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. Wow you have done that so quickly I am impressed and it is gorgeous.
    A good walk in the sun is a must in the winter and plenty of vitamin D too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cross stitch is looking beautiful and you'll soon have it finished.
    I'm glad you enjoyed your walk. You just can't beat getting out on these bright frosty days. I hope there'll be more.
    Have a lovely time with Ruby. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules.
      Yes I'm hoping for more frosty and sunny days.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Your cross stitch piece is stunning, Sheila, what will you turn it into?
    I agree that a lovely walk to blow the cobwebs away makes us feel so much better, doesn't it. With the house move I simply haven't had time to do it. G goes out for a walk every day but usually ends up in the pub! I soon twigged what was going on when he was gone for ages ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thank you. I know I am not going to frame it.....it will be mounted onto something and decorated with Christmas foliage and things.
      Oh I wish Andy would sneak off to the pub.....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Your cross stitch is growing nicely, Sheila and not boring at all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cross stitch. Glad you had a good day out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-