Pages

Followers

Tuesday 3 September 2019

Tissues Please!!!

I have just been sent first day at school photos by DDIL. Oh my word they both looked so cute in their brand new smart uniforms........and yes I did need a tissue or three 😢
Apparently Marlowe wasn't at all bothered about being left but I am not surprised as she is a very outgoing and sociable little girl.
Ruby was nervous as this is her first day at a big school rather than the little village school she is used to.
I can't wait to see them both tomorrow and hear all about their day.

My quilt is coming along nicely although sewing is on the back burner for some time today as I have had to cook for His Nibs, I need to prepare the meat for a cottage pie for Ruby for tomorrow and cook tea tonight when DD comes....although I think we are having something quick today.
I need to get some tea towels in the wash as I have only two left in the drawer and as usual the hoover needs throwing round. If I'm lucky I might get an hour at the machine.

Last night it was quite chilly and my feet were freezing so I resorted to fluffy socks for bed.....it was sheer bliss. I love to be cold when I go to bed so that I can snuggle up. Looking forward to many more nights like that.

.......and that is me today. I'm just going to have little lunch shortly before I tackle that mound of minced beef.

Hope you are all doing well.
Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. First day at a new school can be exciting and nerve wracking in equal measure (and that's just the parents!)
    I'm sure they'll have a lovely time and can't wait to tell you all about it tomorrow. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....I'm looking forward to later Jules.
      Is Lily back yet?
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Oh Sheila, Ruby and Marlowe will be bursting with excitement telling you all about school tomorrow, and you'll need more tissues!

    How funny, I'd rather be cold in bed, hate having hot feet and stick them out the bottom of the duvet all the time. Night sweats continue, I wish they'd hurry up and clear off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tissues at the ready Sooze :)

      The night sweats are the pits and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but diabetes can give you them so it may not be anything to do with the menopause :(
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Ruby and Marlowe will have lots to tell you tomorrow, Sheila. Hope you manage to get a bit of quilt time. I'm quite liking the cooler nights, but still end up with sheets off me...bloomin' hot flushes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lap and ears are all ready for the first day at school stories :)

      We had another coolish night last night so I went to bed a happy bunny.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. It is definitely getting colder, and isn't it a wrench when they start new schools!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe Marlowe is old enough to go to pre-school. She looks so tiny.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. How exciting it is for them both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh if you could have seen their beautiful smiles. It was just wonderful.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. I hope the children had a good day at school.. our 4 grandchildren started school, the ones in Ohio mid-august and our Oregon ones just this week. They grow so fast. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I shall hear all the stories today Teresa and I can't wait.
    They certainly do grow fast.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-