Pages

Followers

Wednesday 25 September 2019

Life As I Know It!!!

Two more night shifts to go for Andy now and then life as I have known it for the last few years will come to an end.
I must admit that I am a little apprehensive and am wondering how on earth I am going to keep him occupied and stop him spending all day watching tv.
Will I still get time to spend on my hobbies or am I going to be spending most of my time feeding him?
I haven't a clue but I shall soon find out.....lol.

It's a grey old day today and it looks like there is more rain to come. It won't bother me much as Ruby has requested roast beef and Yorkshire pudding for her meal tonight so I'll be prepping that and then scrubbing worktops and mopping the floor.
The weather forecast for our area has us down for rain every day for the next fortnight so it looks like garden tidying may be delayed a while.

Right.....I'll get off and have a bit of breakfast....rather late this morning as I didn't feel like eating when I got up.

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. I'm guessing you'll either love having him around or murder him! Hopefully the former. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the former indeed but more likely the latter....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I felt the same as you apprehensive but it as amazing how quickly we both settled into a routine and now wonder how we ever had time to go to work. I am sure it will work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he had hobbies I wouldn't be so worried but he hasn't and nor does he have any patience for learning anything.
      Oh well we'll see how it goes.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Exciting change! He needs a hobby (if he doesn't already lol). My hubby is only mid-50s but I started him early, told him he needed to find something he enjoyed doing. I can't imagine him sitting in the living room all day - it would drive both of us crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon....he has no hobbies and not much interest in anything apart from eating and watching tv. It could be a looooong retirement....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. When my husband took early retirment (about 20 years ago)we had a "talk"...I told him I was happy to make dinner every night but I was not making his breakfast and lunch...and he agreed that I didn't take early retirement so I could cook 3 meals a day. It has worked so well for us I thought I'd pass it on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he wants any cooked meals apart from the evening meal he can darn well do it himself. I refuse to turn into my granny who used to pander to all of my grandads needs and never had a life of her own.
      I'll make everything work....not much alternative really....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-