Pages

Followers

Friday 27 September 2019

All Done!!!

......and that's it. Andy's last night at work last night and he is currently in bed sleeping it off.

I have been tasked with finding us a little holiday somewhere for mid October......just him and me......it's over 15 years since we had some time away together and we haven't a clue where we want to go although Cornwall has been mentioned.
We spent many happy holidays there when the children were little but I'm not sure if I want to go back or not.

Today I am at a loss as to what to do with myself. Not in the mood for sewing and no cooking to do as I have to go and sit with my girls later on over tea time so we are picking up fish and chips once I'm done and until he gets up and we have a bit more discussion about our holiday I am so over scrolling through hotels, guest houses and cottages.
Can't do any baking as he has used the last of my eggs this morning for his breakfast so it looks like I might be stuck with tidying out a cupboard or something....lol.

Tomorrow we are taking Andy out to a steak house for a special meal for his birthday which is on Sunday and then on the day I am making another special meal.....James Martin's Lamb Shank Pie. It looks rather Desperate Dan as it has the shank bones sticking out through the pastry but he will absolutely love it.
They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach and it has definitely been that way with him.....lol.

I think I might just have a coffee before I find myself something to do.

Have a wonderful day.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. Sounds as though you have a lovely weekend planned. Meant to say yesterday - retirement is a bit of a shock to the system (hence why I am now back working at least 20 hrs a week) so it will be very important for Andy to find something to do - may I suggest some volunteer work in your community - I have found it to be truly rewarding.
    As for your vacation - what about checking out some of Ilona's post at "Mean Queen" http://meanqueen-lifeaftermoney.blogspot.com She has done some amazing walks and visited such beautiful places in the UK. You might get some ideas from her blog about somewhere new to go. Enjoy yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Andy on Sunday! Things will definitely change now and a holiday together will be a fantastic start. I look forward to hearing how you will adapt to the change but for now enjoy your lovely weekend you have planned xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Have been popping in for reading but this is my 1st comment.

    Congratulations to Andy on his retirement and his birthday. :)

    Do you ever read Angela Almond's blog (on the side of Sweet Blondie Blue Eyes)? On a recent bank holiday, they headed north (map on her blog posts) and she posted photos of a wizard quilt shop they found, perhaps in Wales? You could ask. If it weren't across an ocean from me, I would go there. Yes, I'm a quilter, too. :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on his retirement. Exciting times for a holiday. Scotland is a beautiful part of the World with lots of activities and places of interest and of course some very tasty food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Andy on his retirement and I hope you enjoy the weekend and birthday celebrations. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Andy... have fun now that you are retired. What about a short break in Whitby? or maybe York... Both lovely places.

    ReplyDelete
  7. make a list of things locally that you have never been to , you know the stuff you drive past the sign and ignore . Then have one local day out every couple of weeks we did this when other half was still very mobile

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to Andy on his retirement. We spend most of our holidays in Cornwall, even though it's only ''next door' to us. My favourite place is Mousehole and my hubby's is St Ives. But there are many wonderful places to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness...fifteen years. That will be really special. We love Devon and The Lake District (beautiful n Autumn).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Andy! I love that area. The coastline is just spectacular. I've been a few different times with Mum but one time I'd love to bring hubby over and take him with me. He'd love to see the coastline of Cornwall. I know that wherever you choose you will enjoy. I really love getting out with husband for our days and long weekends (he's not retired yet!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-