Pages

Followers

Thursday 19 September 2019

......And Breathe!!!

Apologies to anyone who has been knocked off their feet by the collective sighs of relief from the Oliver family as one part of my Brother in Law's problems have been put behind him.
There are still a couple of issues to resolve but for the first time in well over a year he is smiling and happy which is so good to see.
I'm quite happy that I won't be spending inordinate amounts of time with my ear welded to the phone either.....not that I begrudge him a single minute of my time but other people's problems can get very wearing when there is nothing you can do to help apart from listen.

Today I am having a quiet day after a couple of days of washing curtains, cleaning windows, shifting furniture, building furniture, cooking, baking and entertaining my gorgeous Miss Doodle who came for her usual Wednesday visit yesterday.
I've not come out of the furniture building unscathed as while screwing in the screws to hold a small desk together I have rubbed huge blisters on the palm of my right hand which are very sore....but does that get me out of washing up....does it 'eck as like....lol.

I have cooked Andy's very last afternoon shift lunch today.....he doesn't have one on a Friday as he starts earlier. Oh the bliss of not having to decide what to cook for someone who doesn't even know himself what he fancies.
The next highlight will be getting rid of the huge bag that sits on my kitchen floor in between shifts. I can't tell you how many times I have tripped over the ruddy thing....lol.

So a nice peaceful couple of hours now until DD comes in and wants feeding. Not in the mood for sewing so I am watching You Tube videos....only because one of my all time favourite shows popped up this morning....This Old House....house building and renovating in New England.....I love it.

Hope you are having a lovely day too.
Sheila-x-




8 comments:

  1. How good your brother in law is doing well, I will read some older posts to see what the problem was. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid it is something that I couldn't give any details of Terra as it was very personal. I will just say that it was quite harrowing and upsetting so we are glad that at least part of it has come to an end.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Glad it is all over for him, it must be a relief for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Onwards and upwards then hopefully. It should ease the strain on all of you. Well done for being a supportive family in his hour of need. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew I 'm exhausted just reading all that cleaning you've done.. and cooking and baking. Do you have more hours in the day than me?? Anyway how is your hair growing, it must be nearly back to how it was?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your brother in law is a lot better in himself! Blimey, you have been busy and resulting in war wounds too. In our house, there is a little known Chinese proverb, ' Confucius says she who cooks, doesn't do dishes' haha! Of course it does work the other way too! I remember This Old House too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the absolute relentlessness of having to think about what meals to make, especially when someone 'doesn't mind' what they have. Sometimes Ijust want to say....YOU decide!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the absolute relentlessness of having to think about what meals to make, especially when someone 'doesn't mind' what they have. Sometimes Ijust want to say....YOU decide!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-