Pages

Followers

Friday 28 February 2020

Just Stop It Now!!!

Woke up to an absolutely vile morning this morning.
Thrashing it down with rain and snow at the same time and unfortunately we had got to go into town.
The road there....although very wet was fine but coming back the flood water was starting to close over the road. We managed to get through but as the rain has continued to lash down since we got in I should imagine that it's now completely flooded and will be in another couple of places too.
We were so cold when we got in that the heating went on and comfort food was needed to warm us up. Slices of sourdough bread were filled with cheese and rhubarb and ginger chutney and toasted until golden brown and oozing. Oh my word it was so good. Not something to be eaten every day but jolly good as a reward for braving that weather.
I'll be glad when it all stops and we get some decent days for a change.

Worked towards the end of my cross stitch project last night but didn't quite finish as my fingers were getting achy. Just the bottom border to finish which will get done shortly and I can then kit up for my next one.

More comfort food for tea....Hash Jacket Potatoes with pickled beetroot and then snuggling on the sofa for season two of Last Tango In Halifax......bliss.

Hope you are all safe and warm.
Sheila-x-

17 comments:

  1. It's foul here too, Sheila, and hasn't stopped raining all day. G is under my feet. I really wanted to craft but there's NO chance. Stay snuggled xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay snuggled is you all I feel like doing doing at the at moment.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. You are making me feel very hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness....so it was so nice.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Just as bad here, you are tempting me with the cheese and pickle on toast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually like sourdough bread but it's definitely the way to eat it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I'm hopping over from Liz's blog, where she mentioned yours as one of her favourites. The weather has been pretty foul here in Belgium too, but nothing compared with what's happening in the UK with all the flooding. Can't blame you for indulging in some comfort food, which you definitely deserve for braving that weather! Stay safe this weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello...so nice of you to pop over.

      We have a little sun today I hope you do too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. OOh, cheese and chutney sandwiches, my favourite. Did you make the chutney?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could say yes I made the chutney but I didn't.
      It's was lovely though....it was from Waitrose.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Oh no sounds like horrible weather. We're back to snow again though it is supposed to warm up on Sunday so it will be all melt again and back to mud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is OK but we know is it not going to long to last long :(
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Your cheese and chutney toastie sounds delicious, Sheila! I quite fancy one now, but as it’s only 9am on a Saturday morning, it’s a tad early, haha! It’s definitely comfort food weather xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little of what you fancy does you good and all that :)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. The wind is roaring around the house tonight but at least the rain has eased. I feel awful complaining when many have been affected so terribly by floods but, like you, I'm so fed up of it now. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's windy here this morning so I am staying in.
      Stay safe.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  9. Bread, cheese and chutney. A delicious in such horrid weather. Today is sunny and dry (though still cold but I can stand that so long as that biting wind isn't there). Oh yes, I am a Last tango fan too! Stay safe in the floods.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-