Pages

Followers

Saturday 22 February 2020

A Busy Few Days!!!

Sorry for the lack of blog posts for the last couple of days. It's been busy here at Tea Towel Mansion with a sleepover and the tackling of a couple of big jobs yesterday.
I finally got round to sorting out the indoor fridge/ freezer. It got emptied into the bigger freezer outside and the fridge was emptied before the whole thing got a good clean. Shelves and drawers were scrubbed to within an inch of their lives before it all got put back together.
Today I will sort out all the stuff that got moved out and make a list of things we need ready for a freezer shop next week.
DD tackled the brick shed outside where we store all the cans and jars etc. Spider were ousted along with their webs and shelves were given a good wipe down and then reorganised. I'm ashamed to say that a couple of things had to be thrown out but it wasn't too bad. I'll do a check to see if we need anything and put that on the shopping list.

This morning started off in a rather nasty fashion with black skies and torrential rain/hail so any thoughts of nipping into town were scuppered. It has brightened up a bit now but I am not in the mood for venturing out so I will get DD to nip and get some fresh veg and milk for me.
I'm going to have a coffee and read the papers before I do the freezer stuff and then I'll spend the rest of the day catching up on my stitching which has been sadly neglected for the last few days.

I hope the weather doesn't scupper your plans for the weekend and that you have a good one.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. It looks as though we might finally be getting some sunshine today 🌞 However it's still very windy.
    It feels good to have a good sort out doesn't it? I keep opening my kitchen cupboards just so I can enjoy how tidy they look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you got your sunshine Jules.

      Many sort outs going on here behind the scenes. Minimalist we'll never be but at least things are looking tidier.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. My freezer and fridge need a good sort out but tomorrow is another day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on getting that job out of the way! A coffee is well deserved I’d say, Sheila. I’ve just gone out to the chest freezer in the garage to take out a joint for tomorrow and realise I really must use up the food in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the bits that drive me mad Ann....part bags of this and that. We need to have a couple of meals to get them all used up which will be interesting to say the least :)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Oh when is Spring coming...fed up with all this wind and rain now. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-