Pages

Followers

Wednesday 5 February 2020

And It's Wednesday Already!!!

I feel like I have lived life on fast forward for the last couple of days and here we are at Wednesday again.
A certain little lady is due for her tea as usual and there is a requested cottage pie in the making.....it's smelling good.

My start number two is well underway for my Twenty For 2020 and this is what I am working on........


Peppermint Lane by Country Cottage Needleworks


As you can see I have changed the colours. I'm not totally averse to pink but I didn't feel it would go too well with what I already have. I've gone for more traditional colours and again it is being worked on 14 count Yorkshire Oatmeal Aida.
When finished it will be about six inches by six inches.
I can't wait to get to the lettering as it's one of my most favourite things to stitch.

Looking forward to the weekend this week as I will be off to The Doodle House to take care of Marlowe on Sunday while Mr and Mrs Doodle take Ruby out on a birthday shopping trip....her second in two weeks....lol.
We will have to gauge Marlowe's mood and if she feels like it we are going to take her to a play barn and then out for lunch.
Before then I have a few jobs I'd like to get done including replacing a curtain pole and hanging some new curtains and repasting some wallpaper that has come away from the wall behind a radiator in the bedroom. That has been driving me mad for a good while so I shall be glad to get it done.

Hope you are all having a lovely day today.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. Oh I do love cross stitching. This might be the year that I pick up my frame and start a new one. Keep some of that cottage pie for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too Cherie. I don't use a frame though....I like to stitch 'in hand' as I love the feel of the scrunched up fabric as I sew.
      Cottage pie was demolished I'm afraid :(
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about time going quickly Sheila. I think I'm going to have to resign myself to the fact that's just how it is. Another beautiful choice of cross stitch.

    Sounds like you've a busy but fun Sunday ahead of you with Marlowe. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say time flies as you get older and I am certainly finding that to be true.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I think you're right doing lots of small sticthing projects instead of one large one...I hope you display them all when they're completed! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do the huge Mirabilia pictures but I don't think I could tackle one of those now. I'm enjoying the smaller projects.
      They will all be displayed at Christmas I hope.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Really pretty cross stitch. I must admit that lettering and backstitch are my least favourite things to do lol. Hope you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many people don't like backstitch but I seem to like it and find it very soothing to do.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. OOOh I wish I could make one of those pictures - I know at the moment I would never have the time but I am making notes on the type of material you are using - I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could easily make one of these pictures. With cross stitch you don't have to commit to hours of work. I just fit in the odd hour or even a few minutes each day and it grows quicker than you think.
      I love these traditional colours too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-