Pages

Followers

Thursday 24 January 2019

Home!!!

Our little boy came home last night. We are keeping him in the house until Spring and will wait for a warm sunny day to scatter his ashes in his favourite place in the garden.

It may have taken five times as long to prepare the Afternoon Tea than it would have done to make a cooked meal but the look on Ruby's face when she came in and saw it all laid out was just the best thing ever. I meant to take a photograph but she was ready to get started and before I knew it nearly everything was gone.
I'm sure most children go home from Ganma's with a bag of sweets or maybe a pocket money toy....ha not Ruby....she went home with half a chocolate cake to share with the rest of The Doodles and a tub of tiny cocktail onions in honey and balsamic vinegar which she had discovered that she liked. Bless her.

Today I need to have a bit of a scrub round in the kitchen and get my jobs up to date so that I have time to sit tomorrow and turn up two pairs of school trousers to deliver back to Ruby in time for school next week. I'm hoping they will kick start my sewing mojo as it has been a long time since I did any.

It's a miserable day out so a bit of comfort food is needed and I am going for sausage, mash and beans. It was actually salad on the meal plan but it's not only cold this morning it's damp too so DD will want something hot when she gets in.

Well I could sit here all day if I let myself but I suppose I had better go and get something done.

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

14 comments:

  1. I think it's so lovely you went to the trouble to make a proper afternoon tea for Ruby. I'm sure it's something you will both remember fondly for many years to come and maybe, one day in the future, Ruby will reciprocate by treating Ganma. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making things special for her Jules and I have been told that when she learns to drive she is taking me on a trip to the seaside :)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Encouraging little ones to eat homemade foods, whether it be main meals or cakes is all good, if they are really interested in food it possibly encourages them to cook and bake when they are older, I know it did with Jack, he is a really good cook and baker now.
    It will be comforting to know Smudge is resting near by, I know how hard it is, we lost our little doggie before we moved, we scattered the ashes in a favourite field where he used to love going, it was heartbreaking, but I still feel as if he is around sometimes. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves her home cooked meals Marlene although I do struggle to get her to eat vegetables. She will eat them raw but I do try to hide them in other things.
      It is comforting to have Smudge home. I never realised just how heartbreaking it would be to lose him.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. It will be comforting to know Smudge is in the garden resting where he loved to be.

    Had to laugh at Ruby taking the pickled onions....bless her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The look of shock on her face when she realised that she liked them made me laugh Sooze. She only tried them because she thought they looked cute.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I'm with Ruby for both onions and cake, just not together. We are having a light meal tonight but the SO just drooled at the thought of sausages. Perhaps tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were gorgeous onions. We picked them up from the farm shop before Christmas and Ruby thought they were cute because they were so tiny.
      The sausages really hit the spot last night.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I am glad you have Smudge home again and he will stay forever with you in the garden. Did you consider having some of his ashes made into a more permanent reminder? Sooze in the Shed does a beautiful memory encapsulated in glass. Hope you don’t think I am being strange suggesting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you are strange at all Catriona as I have been thinking along the same lines. I thought I might have some of his ashes put into a locket or something similar.
      Roz is having a paw print tattoo done with his name but I am not brave enough for that.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. So glad that your darling Smudge is home with you all.Bless his paws.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely Ganma you are Sheila...I hope Ruby grows up to realise just what a special relationship you have together. R.I.P. little Smudge. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-