Pages

Followers

Tuesday 25 August 2020

Bad Blogger!!!

I don't seem to be able to get back into blogging (nearly)  everyday as I used to before my stroke. A lot of it is down to the fact that I have to correct so many typing errors that it takes me twice as long to write a post as it used to and it puts me off. I hope it gets better.

Last week we had a wonderful week with Ruby here for sleepover. We had a ride up to the garden centre for a few crafty bits for her and then spent most of the rest of week at home. It really cheered me up and I was sad when she went home on Friday.
She'll be here for tea tomorrow and I will have to get my cooking head on as she wants Cottage Pie.

I must thank you all for your lovely comments on my finished cross stitch pieces.

This is a new Christmas craft I have finished over the weekend


I bought the glass dome last year from a charity shop for £2.59 which I thought was a bargain.
The tree has been decorated with beads and a star,the tiny sledge has had some logs added and some lights have been placed in the little tin house and they have all been placed on top of some nice freshly fallen snow made of wood filler, acrylic paint and glitter.
It will be a lovely addition to the decorations on the dresser this year.

Well it's wet, a little windy and chilly here which is bliss after being so warm for so long. Tonight will be a simple tea of filled baguettes with some fruit, Line Of Duty on dvd and if it's still chilly....a snuggle under a blanket. My favourite kind of evening.

What are you all up to?

Sheila-x-


20 comments:

  1. Hello Sheila,

    I do hope you are well and I can relate to you with the mistakes when typing, it takes me so long when typing a post I want to say so much and it just comes out wrong.
    I love your Christmas decoration, I am hoping to get so cards made soon.
    Take care of yourself and so pleased you had a good time with Ruby it's lovely to have a family my GC are 28 and 33 and I am lucky I get to see them quite often.
    With thoughts,
    Hazel c uk 🌈🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pain Hazel but I guess I have to live with it now.
      I'm glad you get to see you GC's often. They are a blessing aren't they?
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
    2. Sheila it's over 2 years since my stroke and things get easier slowly has time goes on. My speaking is so much better except when I get flustered, I look at an alphabet my son gave me and read the letter I usually can see the word.(does this make sense). I think of you often and take care. Hazel c uk 🌈🌈

      Delete
  2. How lovely to know you are are doing so well Sheila, nice to see you back. Love the wonderful addition to your Christmas decor such a great make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to be nearly back to normal.
      The glass dome was a good find and I had all the bits to make the scene inside so it came together nicely.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I have had a time away and just lost a few days after getting back into gear. I use my coffee jars, with airtight glass lids, to make a version of snow globes for odd corners. Some have battery operated lights in and they make excellent gifts. When I am rushing my typing somes out as scribble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love battery lights. I collect the little sets from Poundland. So easy to add a bit of sparkle to something.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. That's just adorable. I've heard a few people mention Christmas lately and I must admit it's been on my mind too. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules.
      I'm dreading the shopping this year. I think online will be my choice this year.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Very pretty!

    I'm glad you had a lovely time with Ruby. I do miss reading about your time together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon.
      So nice to be seeing my girls again. I have missed them dreadfully.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. I love Line of Duty. Is this a new season? I think I saw the first three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Chris we're watching what seasons we have on dvd but I think they have started filming a new series recently.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. I just love Line of Duty and can't wait for the episodes/new seasons to start. We get them from the library and binge watch. Really too hot and muggy to to much of anything outside here. Hopefully the weather will change and it will get cooler. I am so over summer and can't wait for autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are binge watching too. I much prefer it to waiting a week in between episodes....I'm so impatient...lol.
      It's cooler here this weekend...much better.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. Oooh, Sheila, we are binge watching Line of Duty on i-player at the moment. We watched all of the series as they were shown over the years but are happily re-watching them now.
    I love your Christmas snow globe, it's beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant isn't it?
      Can't wait for the new series.
      Thank you for the snow globe love. I really enjoyed putting it together.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  9. Hello, I love your Christmas decoration. I have a blood disorder which leads to what consultant says are "stroke like episodes". After one I had to teach myself how to read again, the skill had just gone. Typing errors have also been difficult to see and correct but honestly over time it does get better, much better. I am new to your blog and love visiting. I found keeping up with crafting really helped me as it is my happy place and keeping happy really helped my recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lynn. I'm glad you like the snow globe.
    Crafting is certainly helping me to recover from my stroke and help me through the frustrating times.
    What sort of crafts do you enjoy.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like knitting, crochet, any hand sewing, card making, drawing and painting. Basically anything that involves colour!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-