Pages

Followers

Thursday 13 August 2020

Crafty Things At Last!!!

It feels so good to sharing some crafty things at last and I have started by doing finishes on some cross stitch pieces I did right at the start of my renewed love of it last year.


This was my first attempt at finishing in this style. It's wobbly in places but I love it.
Just need some little spiders to hang from the twigs when Poundland get their spooky stuff in.
The frame is twelve and a half inches square and a bargain from Poundland. It's sold as an album frame for framing album covers.


Two small Christmas pieces.
Joy was a pattern from Just Cross Stitch magazine and is embellished with a metal charm from my stash and some tiny pom pom trim. Ribbons and foliage are from stash.
Jingle Bells was a free pattern from the internet and is mounted on a little clipboard from The Range with more ribbon and foliage from stash.

I really have to thank Priscilla for the finishing inspiration.
Take a look at her blog......she is brilliant.

Well finally we had a storm last night and it seems to have cleared the air for a while at least. It is much cooler today and no blazing sun beating down. I am very happy.

Thanks for stopping by.
Sheila-x-

13 comments:

  1. Those are all really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i keep threatening to make a quilt out of all the bits of cross stitch ive done over the years ...it never happens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see your finished pieces - and know you are well again to do them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they are LOVELY! I remember you starting the halloween ones last year Sheila. It's good to see the finished piece, and the Christmas ones are stunning. Love 'em xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is beautiful and I love the rhyme on the Halloween one. The frames and embellishments are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fab, Sheila! I love the bows on them too, really finishes it off. It’s got me wishing for Autumn! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so great, Sheila. It wont be long now. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! I'm good at the cross stitching part, not so good at the finishing. I am one of those who have lots of finished cross stitches hanging around but not completely made up or framed.

    It's so lovely to see you back posting. I'm hoping to see more of your crafty makes again. It must be lovely and rewarding to get back to what you love to do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Sheila...they all look really beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely stitching and fantastic frame, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, you have been busy...and with great success. I especially love the little dome. I struggle to find time to blog, and struggle even more to find time to read and respond to other blogs, but when I retire..........!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-