Pages

Followers

Sunday 9 September 2018

Momma Grizzly!!!

Since Friday morning I have been a proper grizzly old bear. I woke up with a really sore stomach and a vile headache and things went a bit downhill from there. I think I must have eaten something that didn't agree with me although I don't know what it could have been as we eat pretty plain food here at Tea Towel Mansion......or at least nothing too exotic anyway.
I had promised DS that I would look after Marlowe Saturday morning while he took Ruby out and managed to get through that before coming home to drape myself over the sofa where I stayed for the rest of the day apart from cooking for Andy and DD.......you don't get sick days here....lol.
Today I feel much better and have managed to go out for Sunday lunch and hopefully that is the end of it.

Tomorrow I have DD at home as she has worked today so I don't expect I will get much done so from Tuesday I want to really crack on and finish this decorating as I have lots of other things I need to be getting on with now.

DD surprised me yesterday......she has booked a hotel and is taking me to the Harrogate Christmas Market in November. We had said that we would go back to York but she thought I would love to revisit Harrogate which I have only visited through my previous work a couple of times and not as a tourist. I think it's going to be lovely and I am looking forward to it.

Just having a bit of peace and quiet for the rest of the day now until I have to make a meal for DD when she gets in so a bit of blog reading and some recipe researching will keep me occupied.

Hope you have all had a lovely weekend.
Sheila-x-

11 comments:

  1. Enjoy your peace and quiet while it lasts and I hope you're firing on all cylinders again very soon.
    What a lovely surprise from DD. You'll have a wonderful time. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day Jules and all cylinders are now up to scratch and firing...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Harrogate will be wonderful.. it will be very festive too so you are sure to have a lovely time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so looking forward to it Cherie.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Love Harrogate and was trying to persuade DH that he would like to go to The Country Living Fair but he’s not keen-boo. Sorry you’ve been a bit poorly-food sometimes affects me that way too-almost as if I’ve been poisoned. Enjoy your blog reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Harrogate the couple of times I went but didn't see that much of it. It will be great to go back and explore a bit more.
      I'm finding that foods I used to be able to eat are not agreeing with me these days. Tomatoes seem to be the latest enemy but I doubt if I will be able to give up eating them as they are one of my most favourite things.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. You are blessed with such a thoughtful daughter, what a wonderful treat. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to are feeling under the weather. Lucky girl to go to Harrogate.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All better now Hazel....thank you.
      Yes I am very lucky. My daughter is so good to me.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Do pop into Bettys when you're in Harrogate for a Fat Rascal. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-