Pages

Followers

Thursday 6 September 2018

A Late Start Day!!!

I need to sand and paint another skirting board but as Andy is in bed and I will need to use the big hoover to clear up the mess I can't start until he is up.....so I am having a lazy start to the day and doing....not much at all....lol.
There was a lot achieved in the way of scrubbing and cleaning yesterday so I am going to treat myself to a couple of hours doing a jigsaw. I have a box of four five hundred piece jigsaws which I bought from the pub we go to for Sunday lunch who are selling them for £2 to raise money for the MacMillan nurses. So far I have bought two boxes but one has been done and returned in the hope that they can sell it again.
They are also selling books so I have taken a large boxful down for them and on Sunday I will be looking to buy some as I have reached the end of my pile and am ready for some more. I've read a lot of crime novels over the last few months so I think I am ready for something a little bit cosier now.

Had a wonderful couple of hours with Ruby yesterday. She is so happy to be back at school and very excited about their new project about Ancient Greece. The roast chicken dinner was greeted with big saucer eyes and and a WOW so I think Ganma did good....lol.

Well I think a cuppa should be made just about now and then on with the jigsaw.

Have a happy day.
Sheila-x-

4 comments:

  1. An indulgent late/lazy start to my day also, we have a bit of drizzle come mizzle and I have postponed the garden for some blog reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doing jigsaws, I haven't done one in ages. I hope you've had a lovely lazy day, it's been a miserable one here, cold and wet.
    Like Ruby, I was fascinated by Ancient Greece as a little girl, my Mum used to read us tales from the Iliad and The Odyssey at bedtime. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been taking it easy too, watching some old films and a bit of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After work I too spent some time doing a jigsaw...I know I should really be doing baby things...but I just want to know all is well before I tackle anything else...then there will be no stopping me! Glad Ruby was impressed with her dinner. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-