Pages

Followers

Friday 22 February 2019

Un-Boxing Day!!!

My hands and shoulders are still a little uncomfortable this morning so I am going to have another gentle day. It won't be a lazy day just different jobs to those I had planned.
The sewing room is out of control and I need to get it sorted out and ship shape again so with that in mind I am going to be going through all of my boxes and condensing stuff down. I know there is one box that can pretty much all go to the charity shop which will give me room to stash other things away and clear the decks a bit. The untidiness is blocking my mojo and I am not even enjoying sewing the aprons.
So....on with the unboxing.

For Christmas Andy had some Amazon vouchers which he has just used to buy himself some new films for his collection.
The Hunt For Red October (not for me thank you), Das Boot (oh my gawd no), Christine (horror...so another no from me) but we have two little gems....This Happy Breed (1944 starring Celia Johnson, Robert Newton, John Mills and Stanley Holloway....brilliant film) and The Family Way (Hayley Mills, John Mills and Hywel Bennet).
We shall watch the last two tonight and eat fish and chips while we do. The rest of them Andy can watch on his own...lol.

Nothing much planned for the weekend this week. Nowhere I need or want to go although I might have a mosey up to the garden centre to have a look at seeds as I would like to grow some salad leaves this year and need to have a look at what is available.

Well....as I started typing this I couldn't see the back field for mist but now the sun has come out and burned it all away so it looks like it's going to be a nice day. If we get the same tomorrow I might get Andy to mow the lawns.

Have a wonderful day.
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about untidiness blocking your mojo, I feel the same about my utility room. Husband tends to use it as an extension of his shed, tools and general 'man thing' bits and bobs start appearing in it and cluttering it up. I tolerate it for a while, until it really gets under my skin and I have a shouty moment...it gets sorted fairly quickly after that lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...new extension appears to be turning into parts department! x

      Delete
  2. Home today...washing out...hoover recharging...lightings getting chopped...dishes done...whoo hoo! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're having a restful day here. The sun is shining and it's beautiful out but Lily has chickenpox so we're staying put for today.
    Enjoy your fish and chips. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your fish and chips, I could just eat some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your film list brought back a flood of memories, I enjoyed the Hunt for Red October but have not sen Das Boot, it does not sound appealing. The last 2 I have watched many times and now I am going to search for them to watch again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-