Pages

Followers

Tuesday 17 July 2018

A Dress!!!

Another dress finished for Ruby................


Fabric in a sale from Derby Market. Pattern-New Look 6466.
Once I had sorted out the slightly confusing (to me) pattern  it was pretty easy to make and was done in a day.
All I need is for Ruby to try it on so that I can try the shoulder straps for placement and sew them down.

Today I am finishing off Marlowe's tops and then I shall have a rifle through my patterns for something else to make.

We had rain last night....about enough to soak the top quarter inch of the garden if it made it past all the foliage....lol.
I went and stood out in it and could almost hear my skin sizzling as the drops hit it. Oh it was lovely.
Dull and grey with lots of dark clouds today but we are not predicted to have any more rain until next Monday here.

We couldn't face the spag bol last night and had ham and salad instead. The sauce has been frozen to use in a lasagne for Sunday lunch instead.

Nothing much to do housewise today so until I have to prep the salad and cook some fish for tea I can spend the day sewing.
There is a lovely breeze blowing through the back door so it will be rather pleasant to have it blowing on my back and shoulders while I sew.

Hope you all have a lovely day today.
Sheila-x-

18 comments:

  1. Lovely cool colour for this warm weather. Your garden is looking good too. My sewing machine is away to the hospital to be made well again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she likes it Catriona.
      That bit of the garden isn't looking too bad as that is where I concentrate pouring whatever waste water we have. The rest of it is looking very dilapidated.
      Oh no what's the matter with your machine? I had a bit of a scary time with mine after I had cleaned and oiled it but it seems to be OK now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
    2. When it was really hot I was changing the needle and it slipped from my sweaty hand. Right into the feed dogs and would not come out.

      Delete
    3. I did that once but luckily managed to get it out. Since then I have made myself a small tool that slips over the needle and keeps your fingers out of the way. If you like I'll take a pic of it and post it for you tomorrow.
      Hope you get your machine back quickly.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
    4. That would be great-thanks. X

      Delete
  2. The dress is lovely! I've enjoyed seeing your sewing creations. On another note, a while ago you mentioned an author that you were reading, Angela Marsons. I hadn't heard of her before. I was able to get her first book Silent Scream from my library consortium, and I am hooked! I have the next one on order. She's definitely a "can't stop reading" author. If I had started the book earlier in the day, I wouldn't have accomplished anything else that day except finishing the book. A real twist at the end, even though I thought the crimes had been resolved. Many thanks for mentioning her in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Sandi.
      I am so glad that you are enjoying the Angela Marsons books.
      Sadly I have finished all eight now but she is definitely an author worth reading again so I may well start at the beginning again.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Very pretty summery dress...I like

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour of the dress. The girls are very lucky, it's like having their own personal designer. I know they have a way to go yet but just wait until they're requesting prom dresses :)

    It's been cooler here the past couple of days and there was a bit of drizzle last night. The reservoirs are drying up and we're being put on a hosepipe ban in a couple of weeks. Thankfully all fires seem to be out now so that's a blessing. Have a lovely week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the prom dresses Suzanne :)

      So glad to hear that all the fires are out now.
      No hosepipe ban here but we are being careful and using waste water for the garden when we can.
      Hope your week is lovely too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Pretty little sun dress- ideal for this heat. We too had a very short shower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eloise. I hope she likes it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. The dress looks great! A wonderful colour too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nikki-ann. I love the colour too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Love the fabric for the dress, such a lovely style for summer. Your garden is looking wonderful, the rain will have certainly helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MM.
      That bit of the garden is about the only bit that is still looking nice now. We are really looking after it as it has all of my favourite plants in it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. i used to make something similar for my daughter when she was a scrap, i always made them with tie straps so that she could grow with them , shes 26 now and would die of embarrassment if i made her anything

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-