Pages

Followers

Monday 25 June 2018

Planning!!!

Oh my goodness...it is hot, hot, hot this morning.
All I want to do is lie in front of the fan with a cold drink but as always there are things to do.
One of the jobs I am doing this morning is making plans for activities for when Ruby comes to stay in the Summer holidays. She'll be coming the third week in August. 
There will be a trip to the seaside and hopefully a trip to Warwick Castle in her first week with other time spent at the park or crafting depending on her mood and the weather. She will go home for the night on the Friday to see Mummy before she flies off for a weekend hen do and then come back to us on Saturday for the Bank Holiday weekend and for the Monday I have just booked a coach trip to York and now need to book a time slot for Jorvik Viking Centre.
The last time I went to Jorvik my daughter was the same age Ruby is now so that will be thirty years ago then.....good grief!!!

I have just cooked lunch for Andy and decided that the kitchen is closed for the rest of the day...or at least as far as cooking is concerned. We will have some stone baked baguette with reduced fat pate and some fruit.

Tomorrow we have a man coming to service the boiler. The service is a little overdue as the man who fitted it has let us down consistently over coming to do it so we had to find someone else. He'll be coming tonight to show us how to turn the boiler off so that it has cooled down for when he arrives tomorrow. I have no idea what they do or how long it takes but I guess I will by this time tomorrow.

Rightio....laundry to see to and tidying to do so I'll get off and get that done.

Hope you are all enjoying some sunshine....but if you have rain then please feel free to send it my way.
Sheila-x-

16 comments:

  1. Would you like me to send you a little parcel of crafting goodies for Ruby to play with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word Cherie that is so kind....Ruby would be over the moon.
      I am going to be teaching her to sew but it would be lovely to have other things to do too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
    2. If you put your address on my blog as a comment I won't post it.... obviously... Tomorrow I will make up a little parcel for you both to play with.

      Delete
  2. It is rather hot isn’t it... phew! Sounds like Ruby will be having an amazing time xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's horrible....I want Winter back.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Hot here too, we may have a poached egg on toast but that is the limit of cooking. I am almost poached myself. There is a huge fresh fruit salad in the fridge and that will be it for dinner. I need to water the whole garden but it is still scorching out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am craving really cold fruit today Pam. I may have to give and go and do a top up shop this evening.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. It has been roasting here too today, Sheila, and much too hot to do much. We settled on pizza and salad at lunchtime as it meant the oven was only on for a short time. Fruit for tea, home grown strawberries and OH had a bit of leftover trifle with his. I just had a spoonful of yogurt over mine. Cool off please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS forgot to say that Ruby is in for a lovely stay with you as usual :) xx

      Delete
    2. I am thinking of ordering some snow....would you like some.....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I hate it Jackie. I might have to have a cold bath later.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. It's 30C here Sheila and too hot to sit out for more than 5 minutes at a time. When I read about everything you do with Ruby and Marlowe and the plans you're making I wish I still had my Nanna. I can't wait for Sienna to go from cot to bed because then she'll be able to come to the van with us. Think it'll be next year now though, but something to look forward to. Keep cool :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey Suzanne I hope we don't get to 30C. I wouldn't be able to move.
      I can't wait for Ruby's holiday here but I had to laugh....do you know what she is most looking forward to?.......seeing the fossilised Viking poo....strange child....lol.
      Oh it will be fabulous for you when Sienna can come to the van. I would love that for Ruby.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. I used to love having my granddaughters but now they are growing up they never want to do the things I plan. It's all about their friends. I am going to see the show Matilda with the older one though, and looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matilda is one of Ruby's most favourite things Eloise. I can't tell you how many times we have watched the film and she has seen the stage show. The week before she comes to us she is going to a week long theatre school....and guess what show they are doing....yep Matilda...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-