Pages

Followers

Friday 4 May 2018

....And Another Dress Finished!!!

Ruby's cream with pink roses dress is finished.....


It just needs a wash and a good iron before being shipped off to The Doodle House.
I must admit that I like the black one better but that is just me.
The next one will be the daisy one but I think I am going to get a bit brave and finish the neckline and armholes with bias binding made from the same fabric to give the dress a slightly softer finish and I may possibly leave the zip out.....or I may find another pattern completely. Not decided yet.

I didn't go out to Trentham this morning with DD as I woke up with a vile headache. She has gone on her own and Andy has just left for work so I am having a little peace and quiet on my own. I don't know how long it will last but it is lovely.

DD and I have had a week of very healthy eating so tonight I am going to treat us to homemade fish, chips and peas. Normally we would wait and have it with Andy as he is usually home just after 7pm on a Friday but they have changed his hours so I am going to have to cook twice tonight as we can't wait until nearly 9pm for ours. It's really annoying when they keep chopping and changing their working hours.

Nothing particular planned for the weekend except maybe a barbecue on Monday if the weather is nice as DD has the day off in lieu of working on Sunday. I'll probably catch up with some jobs that have been neglected while I have been gadding about all week.
By Tuesday I will be ready to have the house back to myself I can tell you.

Have a lovely weekend.
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. It's a gorgeous dress Sheila, the fabric is so pretty. It makes me wish I could sew.
    I hope your headache has eased now. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dress.Good luck finding a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather is looking good for your neck of the woods so a bbq would be perfect. Beautiful dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dress is lovely but I also prefer the dark one. Hope the headache has gone now and you enjoy your fish and chips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to look forward to some me
    time when dave was working but now we are rarely apart so when he is not here with just a doctors appointment its really strange xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty dress, love the print I would so wear that myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-