Pages

Followers

Wednesday 4 October 2017

Ooooh It's Chilly!!!

There is a very spiteful wind this morning making me feel very chilly indeed.
The heating has gone on to warm the house through for when DD gets in as she will be out in it and chilled to the bone.
Normally when I'm sitting I will wear a huge jumper to delay putting the heating on but today I am pottering with my hands in and out of water and the sleeves won't stay up....even with elastic bands round them.

No cooking going on as I do believe that I am being taken out for tea tonight.

Thank you all so much for helping to identify the cutlery that Andy bought. I can't wait to get it all cleaned up so that I can use it although I absolutely loved Catriona's idea of putting them into a box frame for display. I will probably look for some more to do just that.

Today I have done a stock take on my large thread cops ready for Sunday when I get my overlocker which I am thrilled to say is a Singer. I just hope they will have the colours I need to make my collection up to fours of each. 
This will be my early Christmas present from Andy....bless him.

Ruby was delighted with the candy floss. I just felt sick watching her eat it and I dread to think what the colours were doing to her insides.....her tongue was nearly navy blue....lol.

Well I think I am going to have a nice cup of tea before I go back to my faffing about.

Hope you are all having a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. Keep warm Sheila. It's gone very cold here all of a sudden. Enjoy your tea out. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cold here too, I have just put the heating on as we have been in and out, I prefer to light the stove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be so happy when we get our log burner. I am missing seeing the heat of the fire.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. We've had lots of rain with our wind today. Have a nice meal xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have time to sit and gaze out of the window today Cheryl and would love to be watching rain thrashing down.....and not a bloomin' drop.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a lovely early present! I bet you'll have a lot of fun with it.

    It's turned a little cooler here. There was certainly a nip in the air this morning - and then it poured with rain. Haven't had to use the heat yet - fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny Sharon but I can't say I ever wanted an ovelocker before but now I make clothes for the grandchildren I think I really need one.

      Dull, cold and windy here today and the heating is on again.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I would so love to trade weather with you, Sheila!! It's humid here and going into the low 80's. I have on my flip flops and my hair is in a pony tail. I can't stand heat let alone in October. Ugghh!! Have a lovely tea this evening. I'm thinking you call tea what we call dinner or supper. Correct me if I'm wrong. : ) xoxo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I very much envy where you live Wendy...I certainly don't envy you that humidity.
      Ha, ha yes tea here is what you call dinner.
      Dinner to me is what you eat at lunch time and supper is something you have before you go to bed....although we don't do that any more I do know people who have the equivalent of another huge cooked meal before going to bed. I would never sleep.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-