Pages

Followers

Sunday 1 October 2017

Look At The Time!!!

Nine pm and I am only just thinking about blogging.
I don't know where the day has gone.
DD has cooked a roast beef lunch....delicious, I have started the laundry to give me a bit of free time for other things tomorrow and I have also pickled the onions Andy peeled yesterday after leaving them in brine overnight.
Now I am going to prepare the red cabbage ready to pickle that tomorrow and that is all I am doing picklingwise this year. The pickled eggs I did last year were just too disgusting for words so I'll not be repeating those.

I really wish I could fill the house with the smell of winter pickles and chutneys, mincemeats and other goodies but the truth is they would never get eaten and there is not really anyone to appreciate them as gifts. I still dream of a dresser stuffed to the gills with homemade goodies though...lol.

It has been very warm here today.
There is no heating on and at 9pm the heating thermometer is reading 21.5 C. How crazy is that when yesterday we were shivering and I went to bed with a hot water bottle.
No sign of any high winds or torrential rain just a stiff breeze and a quick drizzle earlier on.

An early night tonight as I have a book nearly finished.....if I have a marathon reading sesh...lol.... and a new one waiting in the wings.

Hope you've all had a fab weekend.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. Not a bad weekend here...been decorating and turning out. Goodness what a mess! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate how bad it looks when you are n the middle of doing it....but oh the bliss when it's all done and tidy again.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. We had beef today too, it was a lovely piece with big fluffy yorkshires. So sorry to read about your niece, what a worry, I hope she's getting better everyday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't beat a nice piece of beef and some yorkies can you?

      My niece seems to be improving and should by now have been moved from the ICU thank goodness.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Hissing down here since first thing. Soup made, portioned and frozen. Heating on this evening to take off the chill. Busy sewing for my friends charity-getting deja vu now with so many things on the go. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just plain old wind here today. I think it's been cold but thermometer says not so heating wouldn't kick in.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. The wind and rain is lashing against the windows here, the tail end of the hurricane is hitting us with force. We have been putting on the heating now and again for short bursts but have not needed much as yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a strong wind today but no rain although I think it's been cold.
      Heating says different and wouldn't come on.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I'm the same as you Sheila. Would love to spend my days in the kitchen making jams, chutney and pickles but if I buy a jar of jam every 3 months it's as much and I buy pickles and chutneys even less. As much as I want to there's no point making for the sake of it. Hope your niece continues to recover. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely no point at all Suzanne.

      The last I heard Lynne was being moved from ICU onto a normal ward and was having a little sedation to stop her pulling her tracheo tube out.

      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-