Pages

Followers

Friday 19 October 2018

Thank You!!!

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments yesterday.
I am just about firing on all cylinders again after a trip out this morning and a good old intake of farm fresh air.
A few weeks ago our favourite butcher a few villages away retired and closed his shop but yesterday one of the young butchers who worked for him opened his own a shop on a farm in the same village.
This morning we have been up to order the meat for the party. The shop is small (we had to queue outside) but absolutely wonderful. They are stocking a fabulous range of the meats we are used to as well as veg and bakery so they will now become our go to butcher.

The heating has been fixed too this morning thank goodness as we will have Miss Doodle staying tonight.
The thermostat had actually come down in price to £68 and the plumber just charged us £10 for sorting it out so not as bad as we anticipated.

Now I am just having a bit of peace and quiet for five minutes before I go and do some prep for our evening meal. I am copying the Cajun chicken meal I have at the local pub and am hoping it turns out as nice as theirs.

Hope you have a lovely day and a wonderful weekend.
Sheila-x-

11 comments:

  1. It must be a relief to finally have your boiler sorted. I'm keeping my fingers crossed mine gets fixed next week. Enjoy your evening with Ruby. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A huge relief Jules. I hope yours gets fixed too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear your boiler is fixed. The butcher sounds good. Strangely, when you think about the lack of shops we have here we actually have three butchers in the town. Have a good time with Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MM.
      Yes we are pretty well off for butchers around here too but only one fairly decent veg shop.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you're feeling better and that the heat is fixed! I actually turned mine on last week. I can't stand being in the cold and it was past time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heaps better thanks Sharon.
      I can't stand being cold either. I don't like to be too hot but it's lovely to have the heating back for the evenings.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Glad your feeling better Sheila. The butcher's shop sounds brilliant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that your boiler is sorted, Sheila. It's in the nick of time I think. Our heating is now well and truly on in a morning! Sorry to hear that you have had another awful migraine, I know how debilitating they are xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too and yes just in the nick of time as the nights are getting quite chilly now.
      Migraines really are the pits but I'm back on top form now thank you.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Sounds like next weekend will herald our first cold snap...just as well he olde boiler is up and firing again! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-