Pages

Followers

Monday 12 February 2018

Beautiful Things!!!

You may need to make yourself a cuppa and pull up a chair for this picture heavy post.

My heart nearly stopped when I found these sari borders at the bottom of the box. These will be used to embellish bags or cushions.

More sari borders.

There was a lot of lace but these pieces were my favourite.

I have some Paris themed fabric I could use to make a bag and embellish it with this.

This will also embellish a bag when I find the right fabric for it.

I have three of these and may use them to embellish some black t shirts.

I have an idea for a dress for Ruby use these as I have several of them.


These would make lovely patches on a denim jacket or jeans....even though I don't like brown.

There are a few of these...maybe bag embellishments.

Not so many of these but again....bag embellishments.

Another heart stopping find. I know exactly what I am going to do with these. There are sixteen of them so they will be sewed to a circle of fabric and then I will trim the fabric following the design to make a cloth to go over a cream tablecloth on the Christmas table.

This might become a neckline embellishment on a dress for Ruby. I have a few so might also embellish some bags.

There are fifteen of these. I am thinking of a white summer dress for either Ruby or Marlowe with these sewn around the hemline.

There was so much more in the box....ribbons, cords, fibres, zips, embroidery threads, velcro, braids....I could go on and on but I am sure you are all quite bored now.

It's going to be so nice to think of Maggie as I am working with these materials and it would make her happy to know that they are being used.

We still have some snow on the ground although it is melting slowly now.
It was quite treacherous first thing though as it had frozen over. It took poor DDIL two hours to get to work this morning so she will now spend the rest of the day trying to catch up with herself.
I have no intentions of going anywhere apart from across the yard to the tumble dryer.

Stay safe and warm.
Sheila-x-

9 comments:

  1. Some very pretty things there Shelia, you are very talented I am sure you will create something very beautiful from them. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some truly beautiful pieces there Sheila. It will be lovely to be remembering Maggie while you work with them. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila, they certainly are beautiful treasures. How wonderful to be able to embellish with such beauty and remember your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, gorgeous things, what a lovely box of beauties from Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are some really pretty embellishmnets there Sheila. My friend brought me a bag full of sari bits and pieces when she returned from India last year. I was like a kid in a sweetshop when I looked through the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pieces Sheila. I bet Maggie will be smiling down on you while you're using them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all sumptuous things to have been given. What a lovely way to remember your sister. Enjoy them Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post made me warm and fuzzy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-