Pages

Followers

Tuesday 19 September 2017

Too Much Of A Good Thing!!!

I like nature....I really do but there is far too much of it making itself at home inside my house for comfort at the moment. Not so many flies now but spiders....huge spiders and my least favourite.....Daddy Long Legs.
There were two flying around around in the kitchen last night. DD was kind and tried to catch them to put them outside while I was screeching in a corner. I would just have whacked them if she had let me.
Today I will be ferreting in corners to remove all cobwebs and placing pierced conkers in all the nooks and crannies. It may work or it may not.

Miss Doodle is coming for her tea today as there will be nobody to drop her off tomorrow. Just a simple tea of tomato soup followed by trifle for her and beans on toast for DD and me as she will be going out shortly after getting home.....the cinema visit was rearranged for tonight.
Daddy will have to pick Ruby up so once she has gone home I am going to see if I can summon up the mojo to get out the Advent calendars I need to make for my girls so that I can then start filling them ready for the start of December. It's very hard finding small things that don't cost a fortune to fill them up so I like to make an early start.

I must admit to having already bought a Christmas decoration from Poundland. It's so beautiful that I knew if I didn't get it they would all be gone. I do need to alter it slightly as I don't like the fact that it says Merry X-mas but that will be easily remedied.
I'll show before and after pics when it's done.

Just need Andy out from under my feet now so that I can get on with my spider hunt and do some tidying before Ruby gets here.....if the dining table is tidy I will be more likely to get the sewing out.

Hope you are all enjoying a sunny day today as we are here.
Sheila-x-

14 comments:

  1. Rather you than me....I HATE 8-legged things (can't even say the word), have a real phobia about them, following an incident in my childhood that still gives me the shudders. Fortunately, husband will just whack them (I don't hold with this just putting them outside stuff - they just come back in again!), or Betty will pounce and eat them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate spiders, I hate daddy longlegs but my biggest fear....although we don't see many of them is....earwigs. Oh my goodness I just about die on the spot if I see one of those. They get squished to oblivion....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I don't mind any insects really, although I was a bit like you with spiders when I was in my teens. The only ones I don't like are wasps for obvious reasons.
    I bought a Christmas decoration in The Range today. It's wooden tree to hang on the wall with different sayings. I couldn't resist it. Like you I hate Merry Xmas and I never shorten the word myself nor do I like Happy Christmas. To me it is MERRY Christmas and a HAPPY New Year. It irritates me especially when I see it in Christmas cards. Rant over for this Tuesday.

    Joan (Devon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Joan although I have to say I don't mind the American Happy Holidays which I think sounds lovely and cheerful.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful afternoon/evening planned, We are having a lovely sunny day today, the washing took no time at all to dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh glad you are having some sunshine. We are back to dull today.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I've also got far too many house guests for my liking! It's time for the long handled duster again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheeky blighters aren't they?
      I wouldn't mind if they paid rent...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Sheila, you're just like Amy! She stands rooted to the spot when she sees moths, spiders or daddy long legs but her mouth goes into overdrive. At least you're happy to whack them yourself, she won't even do that. She wakes me up with her racket and muggins here has to get out of bed to sort them out.

    Looking forward to seeing what magic you work with your Christmas dec. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh you want to hear me if I see an earwig...lol.

      I'll make sure and show before and afters of the decoration.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Daddy Long Legs make me shudder! Too much like giant moving spiders lol. When I was at Mum's I was always careful to close the windows before turning on the light so they wouldn't come in. We get a lot of other bugs here but not those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's full on panicky, arm waving and screaming stuff here Sharon...lol.
      Hugs -x-

      Delete
  7. I hope you enjoyed your evening with Ruby.
    I've found I have got so much better with spiders etc. as I've got older. I would feel too bad to squish them so I now, very bravely, assist them back outside again. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been the same Jules...I doubt if it will get any better now although I do try very hard not to panick when the girls are here so as not to scare them.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-