Pages

Followers

Friday 2 May 2008

It's Play Time!!!

Guess who's been getting all inky and mucky tonight........lol!!!
I made three cards for my stand at the shop and then decided I wanted to play and dragged out a pad of black, white and grey papers.......which I went off pretty quickly after I bought them........and some inkpads that are on their last legs. I didn't know if it would work very well as the grey is quite dark but I was very pleased with the result.
I re-colour paper quite a bit.......with variable results depending on the quality of the paper......and one little trick I use to get the inks to glide and blend better over slightly rough paper is to give the it a coat of Versamark before you start adding any colour. The ink pads I was using were.....to put it bluntly.......cheap and nasty and were leaving blotches on the first sheet I did so I took another sheet and applied Versamark first and the blending was much easier to do with far better results on the finished piece.
After adding the lime and turquoise inks I coloured the centres of the shapes with an orange crayon.
This will now get left overnight to dry thoroughly before I use it to make a card tomorrow.

I'll go and scrub my inky fingers then and get some sleep..........I didn't realise what the time was...lol!!! How it flies when you are having fun.

Bye for now
Sheila-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-